Friday, August 12, 2011

500–That’s a lot of posts!

Wow, post #500! Took quite some time to get here (since August 2007), but here it is!

This should be a nice weekend, as we’re going out to dinner with our friends Ray and Debbie tonight who just became grandparents this week! We’ll be celebrating that, and my birthday this coming week. Tomorrow we have a party with the wine club that we belong to. Sunday, hopefully will be a relaxing day. The weather should be just perfect too. We’re finally getting nice sleeping weather at night, but that signals Autumn coming quickly too.

Other than that, not too much else new in my world. Oh, I am looking for one more vacation before the end of the year, especially since the cruise we went on earlier this year was free!

On to something funny:

A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. 
She  noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her.   
She immediately moved to another seat. 
This time the smile turned into a  grin, so she moved again.    
The man seemed more amused.   
When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, 
she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.  
 
The case came up in court.
 
The judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself.  
The man replied,  'Well your Honor, it was like this:  when the lady got on the bus,  I couldn't help but  notice her condition.   
She sat down under a sign that said, 'The Double Mint Twins are coming' and I grinned.     
Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, 'Logan 's Liniment will reduce the swelling,' and I had to smile. 
Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said, 'William's Big Stick Did the Trick,' and I could hardly contain myself.  
But, Your Honor, when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that said,  'Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident!' ……


... I just lost it.'  
 
'CASE DISMISSED!!'

Have a wonderful weekend all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Congrats on the 500 posts Dave..... Goodyear rubber could have prevented this.

August 13, 2011 at 3:35 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ It sounds like you have quite a few celebrations this week.
I hope that you have a terrific birthday tomorrow on the 18th August
and enjoy your special day.
I love that joke too, but had forgotten the signs the lady sat under, so enjoyed it again.
Take care, Happy Birthday, Regards, Merle.

August 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home