Wednesday, November 30, 2011

530 – Once in a Lifetime

This trip to Hawaii we begin on Friday, is for sure, an once in a lifetime trip. Personally, I don’t  think I would have gone, had I not found the great deal we got. That said, it’s still not real to me yet, unlike when we go on a cruise. Maybe because I don’t know what to expect. Maybe because it’s a brand new place, virgin territory for us. Either way, Friday morning we’ll be on a jet heading for first Chicago, then a 9.5 hour flight to Honolulu. Oh, and I’ll start my packing tonight.

As to my daughters engagement, she’s talking about a June wedding. She wants to do a “immediate family only” wedding, and a few weeks later, a cookout at her house for everyone to celebrate. It’s different, and I love it. She’s also talking about going to Europe for 2 weeks for a honeymoon… (meaning we get Max for 2 weeks!) *LOL*

Here’s a short video of my Grand-Puppy while he was at our house attacking his green frog!

Max, the attack dog!

Got to run for now, see you after vacation!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

I'm sure you do like the concept of a small wedding, Daddy Bigbucks!

Hey! I was able to comment here and to watch that YouTube video. Very surprising. I've always loved how dogs know they can thrash around a toy, but not a human hand or arm. Well, most dogs.

So, no more until after the trip? Can't wait to see pics and hear about it.

November 30, 2011 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark, I'm not sure where you get the "Daddy Bigbucks" from...
Is it because of our vacations?
I search for great deals on vacations the way you search for the next great photograph.
I saved up for almost 30 years to get my Corvette.

I like the idea of a small wedding (and a backyard party at a later date) because I honestly think the money spent on a wedding can be put to a LOT better use.
But that's fodder for another post.

November 30, 2011 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

Nah, I was just joshin' ya because the bride's parents are usually the ones who foot the bill, not because I think you're a tycoon. And, I couldn't agree more on your preferred approach to a wedding. The money should go to the honeymoon, because they probably won't have the money for a trip again for a long time (we didn't anyway)!

November 30, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home