531 - Memories of Hawaii
Well, a week ago I was on my way home from Hawaii, reflecting on the beauty of these tiny islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
It seems like there’s a Kodak moment every 100 feet in Hawaii.
Oahu was a very busy island, and Waikiki Beach was as busy an area as any big city is with lots of traffic both vehicular and foot. We enjoyed the beach as soon as we saw it, but our hotel left a lot to be desired, and I let our travel agent know it immediately. She offered to search for a new hotel or room for us, but I knew it was the end of her day at home and told her no, we’d live with this for 3 days. She promised to upgrade us in our next 2 hotels and we left it at that.
Beyond the beach in that picture, you can see Diamondhead Volcano, which at least some of us climbed later in the day.
One thing about Hawaii, it has the most beautiful sunsets I’ve ever seen in all my life. (Click on any picture to ‘embiggen’)
More to come later, it’s just so busy lately… enjoy the week!

1 Comments:
Now that was a short teaser!
I knew that Hawaii featured lush forest greenery, but I was captivated the most by the Mars-like environment you saw there. I'm anxious to learn whether that was the view at Diamondhead or somewhere else.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home