Friday, April 20, 2012

549 – Is it Friday yet???

Wow, it’s been like two weeks without a single break lately!

Last week went by in a blink I was so busy, this weekend, I hope goes by slowly.

The wine club dinner was outstanding last Sunday, with some incredible food and drink. A great time was had by all.

This weekend, the only thing we have to do is possibly go have dinner at our daughter’s place, then me, her fiancé and his best man will go out looking for suits for the wedding (yay, no tuxes!) That should be nice, as at least I get to see my daughter and grand-puppy! *chuckling* Honestly though, she’s marrying the most wonderful guy. I’m very, very happy for them both.

Well, on to something funny:

Stupid People:

When Intelligences Cancel Out

SUPERMARKET | NEW ZEALAND | AT THE CHECKOUT, MONEY ISSUES

(I am a checkout operator in a supermarket, and I have just finished ringing up a customer’s order. )

Me: “So, that comes to a total of $36.76.  Is there anything else?”

Customer: “I also want a $50 gift card.”

(I add on the gift card and hand it to her.)

Me: “Okay, now the total is $86.76. Will that be all today?”

Customer: “Yes, thank you.”

Me: “How would you like to pay for your order?”

Customer: “I’d like to use this gift card.” *hands me the same $50 gift card that I just activated for her*

Me: “Uh, you still need to pay for this gift card.”

Customer: “Yes, but I’d like to pay for it with the gift card.”

Me: “But the gift card is worth $50.  Your order is $86.76.”

Customer: *rolls eyes* “Uh-huh, so just pay $50 of it with the gift card, and I’ll give you cash for the rest!”

Me: “So that will take your total back to the original $36.76.”

Customer: *looks at me like I’m stupid* “Duh!”

Have a great weekend…!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, intelligence cancelled out for sure on that one...

Have a GREAT weekend, my friend!

Yours,

michelle {'lil o}

April 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I like that joke and hadn't heard it before.
You are very busy with life. which is better than sitting blogging - instead you get on with your life. But don't leave us altogether - we want to see wedding photos soon. Cheers, Merle.

May 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home