Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Sunday Night, and I'm STILL full!

Yeah, Thursday's turkey was so good, and there was so much food, (of course I ate too much), that I'm still full today. Ok Ok, sure I've eaten since then, but I've not really been too hungry.

The 21 pound turkey came out fantastic.. juicy and tender, all the sides were great including my home-made meat stuffing (trying to make something my grandmother used to make when I was younger).

The whole family came to our house, and everyone had a great time. We ate, drank and gave thanks. I hope your day went as well.

(Black) Friday, my daughter was up and out by 3am to go shopping with her friend. By 11am, they were at my house trying to catch their second wind. They had to go to another mall's JC Penny for something that wasn't at the first one they went to, and I (stupidly) offered to go (not thinking of what day it was).

Ok, it wasn't as bad as I thought.. I was kind of surprised that there weren't nearly as many people at the mall as I thought there'd be, but there sure were a l0t of cars. After picking up what she needed, we headed home.

Later in the afternoon, I made a trip to Home Depot to pick up some stuff she needed, and made a trip to drop some stuff off at her condo.

Saturday was spent relaxing. We were all pooped (probably from eating too much 2 days before), so nothing special went on.

Today (Sunday), we visited mom, went to Wal-Mart to get some pictures made for my wife's family (old family pictures), and daughter and I went to look for a flat screen TV for her. After one more trip to Home Depot to order an area rug (looks like an oriental rug but not oriental pattern), and get a few other odds and ends including a new kitchen faucet.

Tonight.. I'm pooped. We're going to relax for a bit, and hopefully get to bed early.

On to the news:

Cop who told the media that there was "really, really strong physical evidence" in Duke lacrosse case just got promoted.

Time Magazine poses a "Morality Quiz" for you with several "Kobayashi Maru Test" type questions

Prince Charles and his royal handlers attempt to exorcise the ugly out of Camilla by "rebranding" her

That's it for tonight/today all.. have a great week..!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I haven't really been hungry yet, either. And now I'm on a work trip, eating on the company dime. Not a good follow-up to Thanksgiving for the old waistline.

November 25, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

The exorcism of Camilla seems to have worked, she wants more room at the neckline for jewels. Sheesh!

November 26, 2007 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! It sounds like you're still in a turkey coma if you're so tired ;-) I don't know what my excuse is LOL

I did not step out of the house on Friday - no way, no how.

*HUGS*

November 26, 2007 at 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you going to keep "work people" out of this blog?

November 26, 2007 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mike, I can only hope.....

November 27, 2007 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you good luck with your new and improved blog!

Now, all you have to do is quit picking on Florida...we're not ALL nuts down here...some are coconuts!

*giggle*

Yours,

'lil o (michelle)

November 28, 2007 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home