87 Busy Weekend Ahead
Well, this weekend is the rescheduled Car Show that our car club puts on. That's the good news.
The bad news is, it's supposed to be 93 degrees with 95% humidity! Looks like a scorcher of a day, but.. the nice weather should bring out a lot of people.
Did I mention yet, that my daughter bought a Wii? She also bought the Wii Fit, which is seriously cool! It lets her exercise, do aerobics, hula-hoop, downhill skiing, Yoga and a bunch of other things. I went to try it one night, and we made a Mii for me, and I tried some of the games that came with it. I tried Baseball (I hit a home run), Tennis (love it), Bowling and Golf (fantastic).
I have to say, the people that designed the Wii controller should get a billion dollars, it's the most incredibly innovative thing I've ever seen. It's technologically brilliant.
Well, a few days ago, a friend in work lent me his "Guitar Hero" CD and Guitar to try. I laughed so hard I almost cried. Then, the same guy sent me (video link) this link, of a 9 year old playing the hardest song, at the highest level of the game. My mouth hit the floor!
Earlier this week, my Godmother's daughter sent me some pictures of my paternal grandfather (I'll call him Grandpa Champ). I'm posting one here for you:
That's my Grandpa Champ, at my Godmothers house (that's her in the background). He passed away when I was about 13, so obviously my wife never met him. He was a truly fantastic guy to me and my brother, and my dad and him were very close. (my dad was an only child)
Other than that, I've been real busy this week both in and out of work, and it's not likely to let up until probably Monday at the earliest.
Note, There's something new on the left side here. I got the idea from Marks blog, and it'll allow me to post a tiny snippet (twitter) to the blog even on days I don't post a full blog post. Look for it under the weather icon called "Twitter Bytes".
Well, wish us luck on the car show, and have a great weekend all!

4 Comments:
Great pics of your Grandpa Champ. I lost my paternal grandfather when I was 12, so we're pretty much alike in that we didn't get to know our grandfathers on that side at a deeper, more mature level.
That weather coming up sounds horrible, and exactly what I couldn't stand about the weather back home in Arkansas. Here in Texas we hit 100 a lot more often, but in the area north of Dallas, we don't get near 95% humidity very often at all.
I don't remember whether I mentioned it on my blog, but the Wii controller definitely is an amazing innovation. Like you, I truly had no idea until I actually tried the Wii.
I hope that you have a great turn out and everyone has a fantastic time at your car show!
My daughter's family got a Wii for Christmas. I agree with you that they are exceptional. Maybe one day, the grandsons will actually let me play with it!
I love old family pictures. Thanks for sharing Grandpa Champs with us.
Have a great weekend,
Reba
Hi Dave ~~ Best of luck with the Car Show and I hope the weather won't be as hot as they predict. I hope it all goes well for all concerned. The
humidity is hard to take, I find.
Thanks for your comment and I think the navy and lighthouse was meant to be a joke. I meant no offence, but it was amusing trying to get a lighthouse to change course. Take care, Regards, Merle.
HI.. stopping by to say hello.. Loved the picture can't remember when I saw a person where a real apron anymore. BoyI sure hate that 90/90 weather.. it zaps me good!
Take care of yourselves.. : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home