Wednesday, July 9, 2008

100 Forecast: Wonderful

Well, the weather's finally going to break tonight and for Thursday - Sunday, it's supposed to be fantastic weather! Daytime highs in the mid to high 80's with low humidity. Just the kind of wether I've been waiting for all summer.

By the way, when I complained about the weather on Monday, it was rain I was complaining about.. it was the threat of rain every single day for over 2 weeks, and getting very little (maybe one small sprinkle). The threat of rain keeps my toy in the garage.

That'll be great as Friday night there's a big show that closes Main Street in Torrington, about 10 miles from my house, and Sunday there's a very large all Corvette show in Guilford Connecticut, about 43 miles from my house that I'll be going to with my friend Ray. I'll take lots of pictures to be sure.

I'm curious, does anyone ever check here and read the "Twitter" box at left?

Other than that, not too much else going on lately. When the weather is so hot and humid, it doesn't even lend itself to go out and mow the lawn, so I'll have to do that tomorrow night when it's nice.

Now for a cute joke:

Two men drove to a gas station for a fill-up because they heard about a contest being offered by the station to patrons who purchase a full tank of gas. When they went inside to pay, the men asked the attendant about the contest.

"If you win, you're entitled to free sex," said the attendant.

"How do we enter?" asked the first man.

"Well, I'm thinking of a number between 1-10, if you guess right, you win free sex."

"O.K. I guess 7, " said the first man.

"Sorry, I was thinking of 8," replied the attendant. "Come back soon and try again"

The next week, the two men returned to the same station to get gas. When they went inside to pay, the second man asked the attendant if the contest was still going on.

"Sure," replied the attendant. "I'm thinking of a number between 1-10, if you guess right. You win free sex."

"2" said the second man

"Sorry, I was thinking of 3," replied the attendant. "Come back soon and try again."

As they walked back to the car, the first man said to the second man,"You know, I'm beginning to think this contest is rigged."

"No way," said the second man. "My wife won twice last week."

Have a great Hump-Day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Glad the weather is doing the right thing by you. Enjoy the Corvette Show. You might hsve liked my joke about the guy who took an hour to put the roof down. Thanks for your comments about my Smiley post tonight. I had quite a pleasant Wednesday, now it's 1/4 past midnight, so I am off to bed.Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care,
Very Best Wishes, Merle.

July 9, 2008 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Ha! Funny joke.

Glad to hear you'll be out in the 'vette where you hair can blow.

I read your twitters, but usually just when I sign into Twitter. I typically read the text of your post in my RSS reader and then jump out here to comment, so I don't really get a look at your sidebar.

July 9, 2008 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger bubbanem said...

Hey, Dave. I thought about you as we ate BBQ every day this weekend. Yum! Ribs & chikin!

Re: twitter - I ain't figgered out what it is all about. FriendFeed, Facebook, Twitter .... all these guys are duking it out for a social networking product for which I have yet to determine a use. But then again, I'm not sure I understand why folks feel compelled to make a cell phone call while waiting in line at the bank or the fast-food place either. Just call me an old fogey.

July 9, 2008 at 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...another old fogey here...what's Twitter, and how am i supposed to use it?

Cute joke, by the way...

Enjoy the weather and your "toy!"

Yours

michelle ('lil o)

July 9, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Well, if you look at the left side of my blog, there's my "twitter".

Basically, I can add a post there from anywhere just by going to the twitter website (and I don't have to do a whole blog entry).

Just a quick and easy way to communicate.

July 9, 2008 at 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every now and then I remember to look over at the "twitter" but not every time.

I am glad that the weather is finally going to let you enjoy your toy. ~smile~

Take care,
Reba

July 9, 2008 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home