99 Weather Woes
I have to tell you, for the last 3 weeks or so, we haven't had one day that wasn't supposed to rain at some time or another.
I wanted to take the Vette out to a Car Show on Sunday, and it was supposed to rain. Wanted to take it out Saturday, but it rained. See the pattern?
Thursday night, I went out to dinner with a friend as my wife went out with my daughter. My friend Dan and I went to a nice Mexican restaurant named Agave. We ate at the bar so I could stare at the beautiful Tequila bottles. I saw a few new ones, though nothing really caught my eye except for the Don Julio REAL, which sells for about $375 per bottle. (click the link and check out the gorgeous bottle) Just a shot cost upwards of $50 a shot (their shots are a double, 2 oz, served in a snifter glass normally).
Well, we had dinner, and I asked for a shot for my friend and I of Corzo Reposado, a very good Tequila with hints of vanilla and spices. We were talking about Tequila, when sitting next to Dan, a guy says "Let me show you guys what I like". Turns out he's a co-owner in Agave and a few other nearby restaurants. He buys us a shot of Gran Centenarrio. I chuckled when the guy slammed his shot (drank it all in one gulp). I sipped it, trying to savor the flavor. It was... ok.
Then, I bought him, a shot of one of my favorites, Herradura Reposado. I had it poured into a small snifter, told him NOT to slam it, and when he tasted it, his eyes went WIDE open and loved it!
He then called another of the owners over, and had him try it. I told him of 2 of my other favorites which we can't get in the US and he was intrigued. I told him, one of these days I'd have the nerve to try the Don Julio Real, and he had the waitress pour me a small bit in a shot glass, which I then tried. Not bad, but I like my favorites better.
Needless to say, when I got home, I was feeling great... *chuckling*
Well, lastly, someone sent me this below and I thought I'd pass it along:
'Geezers' are easy to spot: At sporting events, during the playing of the Star Spangled BANNER. Old Geezers remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
Old Geezers remember the Depression, World War II, Pearl Harbor , Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War 1950-55, The Cold War, the jet age and the moon landing, the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005 the Jet Age and the Moon Landing, not to mention Vietnam,
If you bump into an Old Geezer On the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Geezer on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Geezers trust strangers and are courtly to women. Old Geezers hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection. Old Geezers get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth on TV or in movies or in e-mails.
Old Geezers have moral courage. They seldom brag unless it's about their grandchildren.
It's the Old Geezers who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but bythe young men and women in the military serving their country.
This country needs Old Geezers with their decent values.
We need them now more than ever.
Thank God for Old Geezers!
Have a wonderful Monday!

5 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ Thank you so much for your e mails and I appreciate your support
I never try to upset anyone.
I hope the rain has eased for you so
you can take a ride in your car.
Glad you got to taste that expensive wine and better still, you didn't like it too much. Take care, my friend, Love Merle.
Wow, Dave, sounds like there's nothing wrong with your taste buds! Glad you got to taste the "expensive" stuff and that it was not worth it...that'll stop you from having to spend money on it later! *grin*
Too bad about the rain...
Yours,
michelle {'lil o}
Very cool that yo struck up a conversation with that guy who happened to be the owner. Cooler still that you introduced him to a tequila he didn't know.
Reading that thing about old geezers, I think I have been one since I was about 12.
send some rain to us. we haven't had a drop in a month. we are in the state of "exceptional drought". -Curt
We have had so many years of drought that folks around here smile when it rains. But I am sorry that you are not getting to take your vette out as often.
Take care,
Reba
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home