116 - Lime Rock Park
Well, my weekend was incredibly busy!
Lime Rock Park was outstanding, but lets start at the beginning.
I was worried about taking the Vette there because up to Friday night, they were predicting rain for some of Saturday, but when I got up Saturday morning, the sun was out, and the weather forecast had changed to beautiful all day long, and was it ever!
I drove the Vette to my friend Robert's house (he was taking me there as his guest), and from his house to Lime Rock is about 30 miles of the most perfect roads to drive a hot car on in all of Connecticut. It was incredible. We even went over one of the oldest covered bridges in Connecticut, if not the U.S. called The West Cornwall Bridge.
When we reached Lime Rock Park, we parked our cars in a "VIP" area, him with his brand
new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, and me with the Vette. We visited the special chalet that Robert has access to for a light breakfast and some juice before looking out over the track.
(Click on any picture to 'embiggen')
Here's a picture of the view from the chalet looking at corner #1 and the pits for the cars.
As you can see, the sun was out and the place looks beautiful!
We then picked up a golf cart to get around the place, and Robert took me all over showing me different corners, good places to view, then we went down to the pits to see some of the cars.
The owners/mechanics were VERY nice, letting us get up close to the cars and talk to them, take pictures and answer just about any question we had.
Here's a picture of the Mohegan Sun car, getting ready for the day. The four wheels are on scales as the weight of these cars are highly regulated.
It was amazing how close you could get to these cars.
We stopped next by the Lime Rock Store, where I bought myself a real nice Lime Rock Park polo shirt. Next, it was time to watch some racing.
There were three separate races this day.
One (the one shown at right) was all Volkswagen TDI (Turbo Diesel Intercooled), the next race was all Ford Mustangs (all with exact same engines, suspension, brakes.. etc). It was a race to see who's the better driver, not how can make the best car.
Lastly, was the NASCAR race.
All of it was a lot of fun.. and I can't wait to go again.
I spent Sunday at home, as it was my mother in law's birthday and we had her over for lunch and made her a special meal. The bad news is, I'm coming down with a nasty cold and right now I have a horrible sore throat and I'm sneezing every other minute it seems *groan*.
Monday.. I hope I feel better as it's my and my GodDaughter's birthday.
Well, that's how my weekend went, I hope yours went as well!

7 Comments:
Hi Dave, probably should start using G'day instead of Hi I guess as I've gone all Aussie on the blog.
Lime Rock Park provided a good weekend by the sound of it, good to hear.
It looks like the VW's are on a regular road instead of a track. If so, then I'm much more intrigued. I've never been a big fan of races that just go around and around the same direction without any kind of variety. *yawn*
Your car's looking great, as usual.
A bit late, but Happy Birthday, my friend! Lime Rock Park sounded like a perfect day for you! That made me smile!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Dave. Karen sent me
Hi Dave ~~ That looked like lots of fun and your photos are great. Karen will be pleased. We have been blogging friends for years. I do hope you shake off that cold in quick time. Thank you so much for your comment and kind words and I hope you
did get to enjoy your birthday.
Take care, My Friend, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home