Monday, August 11, 2008

114 - What's New?

Well, now that I'm over posting about my former jobs, I can tell you what's new.

If you followed my twitter on the side, I recently bought myself an Apple IPod ITouch. My goodness, I haven't had a fun toy like this in ages!!! It's the 16GB version that I got from the Apple Refurbished Store, where I got it at $100 off of the normal price, and it works great. I've added a bunch of free applications to it like Weatherbug, which not only shows me the local weather, but a live weathermap (if you're close to Wi-Fi), and AOL Radio, with hundreds of radio stations of every genre to listen to. I can sit in front of the TV at home, and surf the net with the built in Safari Browser, check my email with the email client on it, even connect to my PC in work if I want to through some magic I've installed. It's a LOT of fun. Oh, and it plays music too! *LOL*

I also have a few movies installed on it, and the resolution is outstanding. I can't say enough good about it.

Other than that, we went to a picnic today and had a wonderful time. The weather was great, the person's house we were at was breathtaking, and the food was great.

I went fishing with my friend Dave last week, and had a great time. We caught a bunch of fish, from Catfish, Striped Bass, Yellow Perch, and other assorted things and threw them all back. It was a lot of fun... and I really enjoy the peace of fishing.

Other than that, just real busy starting to plan a wine tasting for our wine group for some time in October (we're co-hosting with another person). The theme of course is Oktoberfest, and we're looking for some great wines and German beers as well as some great German food. If you have a great German recipe, please let me know!

Well, that's it for now... have a wonderful Monday all!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW sounds like you been busy and boy that Ipod sounds wonderful.Amazing how something so small can do so much. Course it helps if the person is a tech genius like you.I really wonder how hard some of those devices are for the challenged person to learn? Anyway..hope you have a great week. :)

August 11, 2008 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, all i can say is enjoy your new Ipod!

my computer is starting to have problems again, and i dread having to have someone look at it. Wish it were you! *grin*

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

August 11, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Cool new toy, Dave. I love my PocketDish, I use it almost exclusively on business trips, which is why I bought it in the first place. It's an Archos with the PocketDish name on it, and it does video from any source (widescreen aspect screen), audio, and has 30GB drive in it. I got it for a steal because PocketDish was promoting the heck out of it for DishNetwork subscribers. It doesn't just play my Dish content, though. I think iPod is the same way, right?

I do not have the sweet interface, of course, of the iPod Touch. That thing's just cool.

August 11, 2008 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Sorry, man. That comment was so badly edited that it almost didn't make sense in places. I meant to say that the PocketDish plays any video as long as it's been run through the convertor program, similar to an iPod. I think content downloaded from online plays without conversion.

August 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Glad to hear you are having lots of fun with your new toy.
It sounds wonderful. Glad you enjoyed
fishing with your friend Dave.even if
you didn't get any big enough to take home and cook. Take great care, and enjoy your life. Best Wishes, Merle.

August 12, 2008 at 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home