Monday, December 29, 2008

167 - Holiday Wrap-Up

How was your Christmas?

Well, mine was pretty much the same as all the others. Pretty good! We had Christmas Eve at my mom's house, with some munchies and pizza (to keep it easy on mom) and Christmas Day at our house with everyone. We had 2 hams (one with cloves, the other honey basted and both were 10 out of 10! Very moist, not too salty.. everything was great. I got my great Henckel knife set for Christmas, as well as a Corvette money clip, a nice UConn Hoodie, some shower gel/soap that I like.. and money and clothes.

The rest of the weekend was quiet, and restful. Oh, one thing.. the weather's been in the 50's here, so all the snow we got last week, is gone now! Go figure.

I went to the movies Friday night to see Valkyrie with my friend Dave who's a very big war movie fan (even though I'm  not), and even with Tom Cruise in it, I didn't like it very much. It seems it couldn't decide if it were a drama, a documentary or an actual movie with a plot. To say I was disappointed is putting it mildly.

And now, a funny for your Monday:

An airline captain was helping a new blonde flight attendant prepare for her first overnight trip. Upon their arrival, the captain showed the flight attendant the best place for airline personnel to eat, shop, and stay overnight.

The next morning as the pilot was preparing the crew for the day's route, he noticed the new stewardess was missing. He knew which room she was in at the hotel and called her up to ask what happened to her.

She answered the phone, crying, and said, "I can't get out of the room!" "You can't get out of your room?"; the captain asked. "Why not?"

She replied, "There are only three doors in here," she sobbed, "one is the bathroom, one is the closet, and one has a sign on it that says 'Do Not Disturb'!"

Have a nice day all...!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I'm glad you and your family had a Merry Christmas - it sounds like you all had a great time.

Do not disturb... LOL good one!

*HUGS*

December 29, 2008 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Glad you had a good Christmas, and the hams sound amazing. I much prefer ham to turkey (not that I'm putting myself in any kind of exclusive club on that one).

Both (all, really) of ours were great. Of course, I've already stretched our first into two blog posts, with another on the way. Branson will do that.

December 29, 2008 at 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh Ham. we have ours on New Years and I am not too keen on the cloves.. give me the glazes anytime.I havent heard too great of things about the Cruise movie.. Not my cup of tea that is for sure. Hope you have a Great NEW YEAR DAVE.. : )

December 30, 2008 at 12:15 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Thank you for your Christmas and New Year wishes, and I hope your new year will be the best too.
Also thanks for your words about our friends' tragic
losses at Christmas time.
Take care, my friend and be safe over New Year's Eve.
Best wishes, Merle.

December 30, 2008 at 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, your Christmases are always so nice! Sorry about the snow!

i send you my best wishes for your New Year...may it be filled with love, happiness and good health!

i liked that blonde joke, it's a new one on me!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

December 30, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home