Friday, December 12, 2008

161 - Do You Remember...

Where you were the very first time you went on the internet? I was thinking about it today.. and I honestly can't remember. It's also amazing, I barely remember dial-up, or my first ISP (Esslink). Just something silly to think about.

Thank you all for your kind words about my friend Joe.

relaxing

Back to the cruise. As you can see, Mike and I are relaxing, listening to our IPod's in the quiet pool area in the back of the ship.

While I'll say the weather wasn't exactly bright sunshiny every day, it was a lot nicer than at home!

Oh, have I mentioned, only 65 more days till my next vacation in February!

ships

 

The picture at left was taken at Cozumel, where our ship (at left) overshadows the smaller Carnival Ecstasy. Sometimes, they have 4 or even 5 cruise ships in port on one day, and that dumps over 10,000 people into town!

 

 

More next week, now on to a funny:

These four guys were all at deer camp. They had to bunk two to a room. No one wanted to room with Daryl because he snored so badly. They decided it wasn't fair to make one of them stay with him the whole time, so they voted to take turns.

The first guy slept with Daryl and came to breakfast the next morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all blood shot. They said, "Man, what happened to you?"

He said, "Daryl snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him all night."

The next night it was a different guy's turn. In the morning, same thing--hair all standing up, eyes all blood-shot. They said, "You look awful!"

He said, "Man, that Daryl shakes the roof. I sat up and watched him all night."

The third night was Frank's turn. Frank was a big burly ex-football player; a man's man. The next morning he came to breakfast bright eyed and bushy tailed.

"Good morning," he said.

They couldn't believe it! They said, "Man, what happened?"

He said, "Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked Daryl into bed and kissed him good night. He sat up and watched me all night."

Have a wonderful weekend all.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

You are the cruise master. If I ever get a chance to take one, I'm coming straight to you for the low-down on planning.

I think you and Mike were missing the scenery in that picture. It was behind you.

I remember my first connection to the Internet. It was 1993 or so, in an education course in college. The instructor showed us this browser called Mosaic on a Mac. That was my first and only time to use the Internet in college (boy, how times have changed).

I first had Internet at work in 1995 (first office job) when I worked for the state of Arkansas. That same year I was at a mall kiosk with a friend, and he and I both signed up for a local dial-up service called Aristotle. They're still in business, and still charging a flat 50 cents/hour for dial-up Internet access, no other fees involved. Now they have numbers nationwide. I have used it in a pinch before when at a relative's house with no Internet access.

I feel a blog post coming from this topic. Thanks, Dave!

December 12, 2008 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark,

I'm going to do one also... things have been coming back to me this morning that I want to put in another post!

Sure, let me know before cruising, I have plenty of great tips for you!

December 12, 2008 at 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Dave.. I am slow on things nowdays seems the holidays and making me a little forgetful. SOrry to hear about your friend...
my condolences.. I was in the library and I used their computers for 4 long years before getting one of my own.. My best friend helped me sign up for an e mail address.That was 8 years, and now three computers later I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the memories!!!
I got ROBBED at wordpress. someone from blogger took my several entries and posted them as their own..not nice!!!I decided to use a disclaimer to tell them how disgusted I was with their dirty deed and how ILLEGAL it is. : (

December 12, 2008 at 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, darn if i remember my first connection to the Internet!

i liked your joke...it was a new one on me, and usually i've heard them all! *grin*

i remember Cozumel as if it were yesterday...a wonderful little "city" setup...the shops wonderful. Someday, i'd love to return, but it looks pretty doubtful. i'll just have to enjoy your cruises vicariously!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

December 12, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home