Friday, December 19, 2008

164 - Every Day This Week has been a Monday!

Every single day this week has felt like a Monday! What's going on with that!
My MIL has been to the hospital yesterday and today for chemo, but there's always been a reason not to do it.. though she sat there for 9 hours yesterday, and 5 today. Finally, at 5pm today, she go the chemo. I can't stand the hospital in my town. I wanted to take her to where I work (UCONN Health Center).

We're due to get 6-12" of snow on Friday!! We'll have a white Christmas after all.

Did I mention, while on the cruise, I won a pearl necklace for my wife!!! I'll have to take a picture of it and post it here for you all. I'll also try to take a picture of the wooden bowl we got in Honduras.

Ok, don't you LOVE stories like this? The CEO of United Technologies (makers of Pratt & Whitney Aircraft engines, Sikorsky Helicopters, Otis Elevators, Carrier (the air conditioning people), and Hamilton Sundstrand (maker of the US Space Suits since the Apollo missions)), is getting divorced. His trophy wife, is also a Swedish born Countess.

She announced today, that her weekly expenses run more than $53,000!!! You can see the itemized list here. I just can't believe it.

And now, on with a funny:

Noah's Ark
Everything I need to know I learned from Noah's Ark:
ONE: Don't miss the boat.
TWO: Remember that we are all in the same boat.
THREE: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
FOUR: Stay fit. When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
FIVE: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
SIX: Build your future on high ground.
SEVEN: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
EIGHT: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
NINE: When you're stressed, float awhile.
TEN: Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.

Have a great weekend...!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief that's a lot of money that woman's getting!

i guess her theory is "if you got it, flaunt it!"

Loved the story about the Ark...and yes, i'll try to remember all those points!

Too sad about your MIL...yes, next time take her to your facility, i'll bet she wants to go then!

So you're getting a white Christmas, you lucky man, you!

Well, at least the sand is kind of white here. *smile*

Yours,

'lil o (michelle)

December 20, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home