221 - Nine Days till Vacation
Yeah, the countdown has started, albeit a bit late. The nine days are until next Thursday night, because there's a good chance I won't have to work on that Friday.
In my rush to talk on Monday (and Friday) about my son, Star Trek, and everything else, I forgot to wish all Mothers a Happy Mothers Day. I hope all you mom's out there had a wonderful day. You deserve it.
Can I ask, who posted this in my blog on Friday:
Dave,
Thank you for your kind words about Bob. He often talked about you and the good times you had working together. He battled cancer for over two years, and is finally at peace.
I have no idea who posted it as it was anonymously.. but I would like to thank that person.
Did I mention, I finally found someone at Dell to give my daughter her money back? WHOO HOO!!!! She's pretty happy (and it took quite some detective work to find this person).
And now, for a funny for you:
THE FINAL EXAM
At Penn State University , there were four sophomores taking chemistry and all of them had an 'A' so far.
These four friends were so confident that, the weekend before finals, they decided to visit some friends and have a big party. They had a great time but after all the hearty partying they slept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Penn State until early Monday morning.
Rather than taking the final then, they decided that after the final they would explain to their professor why they missed it. They said that they visited friends but on the way back they had a flat tire. As a result, they missed the final. The professor agreed they could make up the final the next day. The guys were excited and relieved. They studied that night for the exam.
The next day the Professor placed them in separate rooms and gave them a test booklet. They quickly answered the first problem worth 5 points. Cool, they thought! Each one in separate rooms, thinking this was going to be easy... then they turned the page. On the second page was written...
For 95 points:
Which tire? ________
Have a great Hump-Day!

4 Comments:
Happy Hump Day, Dave! Thanks for the compliment on my photo today.
What a nice thing to say about your friend and I hope you find out who it was so you can talk; I remember how upset you were over his death.
*HUGS*
Dear Dave ~~ Great post - congrats
to your son, and a good funny. So
you are off again in a week ~ have a wonderful time my friend. Take lots of pics to show us.I am quite OK again now, I am pleased to say.
I noticed your comments to Peter about the Aborigines. He forgot to say that there are quite a lot sprinkled around most cities and in fact I live nextdoor to a couple
There have been quite a few families lived there and most were OK, but they seem to wreck their homes and every few years, another
renovation which includes new sinks, stoves toilets etc and off we go again. The current ones are no trouble at all, Basically they fight between themselves and call the Police on each other. They don't worry me, though I don't enjoy the swearing and loud fights.
As Peter said, they can't handle
the grog. Previously I have had money stolen from one woman, She wanted it for drugs. But I woke up.
Hope I haven't bored you Dave.
Take care, With Best wishes, Merle.
You never bore me Merle!!! *S*
Classic joke.
That is great that someone found your blog post about your friend. Maybe you will get to speak to them directly.
I hope you get that Friday off.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home