Wednesday, July 8, 2009

230 - Silent Key, KB1LE ···-·-

Another of the people that helped me get my HAM radio license passed away on Sunday night. He was an older guy, cranky as the day is long, but a good friend. He bought me my first manual for becoming a HAM. He let me play around with his radios, learning as I went. He used to work with my dad, and he always smiled when he told me the story of when he was sick one day, and my dad nicely offered to take him home.

Thursday is his funeral, and I’ll be a pall bearer for him. More at another time.

I’m typing this tonight on my brand spankey new NetBook! It’s an Asus 1005HA, with the N280 Atom Processor. It has a 10.1 inch screen, and a 160GB HDD with 1GB of RAM (I have 2GB on order). The best part, it gets over 10.5 hours of work on a single charge! I’m VERY impressed with it already, and will take some pictures of it in the near future.

Sorry, no funny today…. just not in the mood.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Sorry about your HAM friend.

Congratulations on the netbook. I just heard this morning that Google announced its Google Chrome OS, to start shipping on Netbooks in the second half of 2010. I'm sure we geeks can get a sooner glimpse if we want.

July 8, 2009 at 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Mike H said...

Hey Dave,

So the home computer count must be in the high double digits by now, lol

July 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I am so sorry about your friend, who had the same interests as yourself, the Ham Radio. I don't
know where you find the time for all the things you do. Glad you enjoyed the jokes. Take great care, my friend
Regards, Merle.

July 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home