231 - Great Weekend!
Well, it was a great weekend.. beginning with my friends coming over from work for some steaks and Tequila! We had a wonderful time.. nobody drank too much, and we had a lot of great food and laughs.
Saturday morning, I picked my my daughter, and went to get my tires rotated, and while that was done I took her to breakfast next door, then we did a few things and then she, my wife and I all went to Costco (like a Sam's club) to get some provisions.
Did I mention, my daughter got a new pet? (I'm semi-sorta a grandfather I guess! *LOL*)
Click on the picture at right to 'embiggen'. The fish is a Beta, or another name for it is a Siamese Fighting Fish. The males are the brightly colored, long fin/tale ones like she has. If you were to put 2 of them in the tank together (two males), they would fight to the death almost immediately.
They're beautiful fish, very easy to care for, and pretty inexpensive.
When I went with her to get him, she wanted to name him. We tossed out name after name, until I finally said "hey, he's really, really, really, really incredibly blue... let's name him Derek (after Derek Zoolander)"! She loved it, and Derek is his name. Now I want to get one, and call him Hansel (again, from Zoolander).
Sunday, we went to see my mom as usual.. she's doing well and I have to take some time off work this week to take her to the UCONN Health Center (where I work) to see a new doctor.
Well, that's it for now.... here's your funny of the day:
He said to me . . . I don't know why you wear a bra; you've got nothing to put in it.
I said to him . . . You wear pants don't you?
He said to me . . . Shall we try swapping positions tonight?
I said to him . . . That's a good idea - you stand by the ironing board while I sit on the sofa and fart!
He said to me . . . What have you been doing with all the grocery money I gave you?
I said to him . . . Turn sideways and look in the mirror!
He said to me . . . Why don't women blink during foreplay?
I said to him . . . They don't have time!
I said to him . . . What do you call a woman who knows where her husband is every night?
He said to me . . . A widow.
He said to me . . . Why are married women heavier than single women?
I said to him . . . Single women come home, see what's in the fridge and go to bed. Married women come home, see what's in bed and go to the fridge.
Have a great Monday!

5 Comments:
Hey..I have a betta....his name is 'fishy'. Pretty original huh? He's 2.5 years old. When I was working I always had one on my desk. Hope she enjoys him for a long time. They usualy last about a year or two. Good luck to her. Joanne B.
Colourful Fish.
Re the red of the gorge in my photo, the whole Pilbara area is full of iron ore rocks, I guess they're rusty.
Hi Dave ~~ Congratulations on being
a sorta grandfather to a Fighting Fish. He is attractive though.
When John leaves his dogs here, he tells them they are having a holiday at Grandmas.
Thank for your usual nice words on my blog. Glad you liked the tailgater one. It was popular.
Take care, my friend. Regards, Merle
Boy he is a big Beta!! All the ones I see here are smaller and more blackish.
NEat looking! Hope your week is going well. Take care : )
I remember reading this one. Must have got busy at work before commenting (not that I do that at work - ahem).
I remember my first time "meeting" a betta. My first college girlfriend and her roommate had one. If you dipped your fingertip in the water, that fish immediately attacked.
I hear that their native habitat is very small, shallow pools in the rain forest. So, if even one fish tries to come to their territory, it means starvation for one or both. Not wanting to starve, of course, they fight!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home