Monday, July 13, 2009

232 - Busy Weekend...!

Well, Friday night my wife and I went to a car show in Torrington, had a wonderful time and saw a few people I used to work with that I hadn't seen in over 7 years! It was a great time and the weather was fantastic.

Saturday, I got a haircut, went to see mom with my daughter, then in the late afternoon went to our car club's cruise night. All in all, a nice day.

Sunday, we went to a very large car show in Simsbury CT, with 2 other guys in our car club and their wives and had an outstanding time. It was perfect weather in the low 80's and bright sunshine. I'll have some pictures of this show on Wednesday.

But, I promised pictures of my new NetBook, so here they are:

comparison

 

Click on any picture to 'embiggen'.

This picture shows the size difference between my normal 14.1 inch screen notebook and the NetBook. Big difference huh!

 

 

 

sidebyside

 

 

The picture at right shows a side by side comparison of the two. If you click to enlarge, you'll see that the keyboards are actually pretty close to the same size believe it or not!

 

 

keyboard

 

At left, you can see the keyboard. the FN (function) key activates a wide range of things, like speed (it can actually be overclocked to 1.75GHz), wireless and/or bluetooth on or off, and a multitude of other things.

 

 

bootscreen

 

Next, at right you'll see I installed Windows 7 on it and everything worked right the first time (after loading the drivers on that came on a CD).

Keep in mind, I had to copy the CD onto a USB Key, and then move the data to the HDD to install as there's no CD drive in this.

 

booted

 

Lastly, at left is the fully booted PC. Any blurriness is due to my shaking as the screen is crystal clear and gorgeous.

 

Well, that's it for now about my new toy... hope you enjoyed!

 

And now, a funny or two:

From Twitter:

I follow Larry, the Cable guy on Twitter and he had these gems this weekend:

Just woke up. Had a show last night at horse shoe casino. Never eat a patty melt and fries at 3 am. My glade plug in started a carpet fire!

What do ya call 6 woman with hugh Hefner? Pallbearers! That's funny I don't care who ya are!

Just to set the record straight about smarter than a fifth grader that I was on last night....

The 5th grader didn't know the awnser either so in reality I'm smarter than a 4th grader and JUST as smart as a 5th grader!

and my all time favorite:

If your late for special ed is it proper for the teacher to call you "tardy"?

Have a wonderful Monday all...!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Quite the car-centric weekend. Glad you were able to make up some time lost back when it was rainy.

I have netbook fever -- bigtime. I still have an old IBM laptop that is about the size of the netbook you got, and the keyboard is quite comfortable for typing. Major differences? It has either a 486 or a first-gen Pentium, and even though it has a 10" screen like the netbook, its resolution maxes out at 800 x 600 (or something close to that).

July 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Elaine said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and finally nice weather with NO rain.

No netbook fever here, my laptop is only a year old. But you will be the FIRST person I ask when the fever strikes!

Afraid to admit this...what's a patty melt?

July 13, 2009 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

*LOL* Elaine, this describes it best:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_melt

Dave

July 14, 2009 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Congratulations on your new toy and there sure is a difference in the size. I hope you continue to enjoy using it.
Thank you for your usual kind words on my blog and I am glad you got a laugh. Regards, Merle.

July 15, 2009 at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home