290 – Christmas Shopping DONE!
Yep, I ordered something online for my wife last night completing my Christmas shopping! WHOO HOO! Now I can watch everyone else run around for that last minute present while I relax. Life is good.
We even bought a new, pre-lit huge Christmas tree. All my wife could say was “holy cow, that’s huge… but it’s full”. In the next couple of days, we’ll trim it with ornaments and it’ll look great I’m sure.
We’re going out to dinner tomorrow night with some friends from our wine club, to an Italian restaurant we’ve never been to. Should be nice and relaxing.
What’s everyone got planned for the weekend? (other than shopping!)
Oh, and Happy Hanukkah to my friends of the Jewish faith!
Here’s something you all should like (especially Mark) The Year's Most Amazing Scientific Images
And now, something to make you smile:
Dan was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business. When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune. One evening at an investment meeting he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away. 'I may look like just an ordinary man,' he said to her, but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit $65 million.' Impressed, the woman obtained his business card. Three days later, she became his stepmother. Women are so much better at financial planning than men.
And one more:
A lawyer and two friends, a Rabbi and a Hindu holy man, had car trouble in the countryside and asked to spend the night with a farmer.
The farmer said, "There might be a problem. You see, I only have room for two to sleep, one of you must sleep in the barn."
"No problem," spoke the Rabbi. "My people wandered in the desert for forty years. I am humble enough to sleep in the barn for an evening." With that he departed to the barn and the others bedded down for the night.
Moments later a knock was heard at the door. The farmer opened the door, and there stood the Rabbi from the barn. "What's wrong?" asked the farmer.
He replied, "I am grateful to you, but I can't sleep in the barn. There is a pig in the barn and my faith believes that is an unclean animal."
His Hindu friend agreed to swap places with him. But a few minutes late the same scene occurs. There is a knock on the door. "What's wrong, now?" the farmer asked.
The Hindu holy man replies, "I too am grateful for your helping us out, but there is a cow in the barn and in my country cows are considered sacred. I can't sleep on holy ground!"
Well, that leaves only the lawyer to make the change. He grumbled and complained, but went out to the barn. Moments later there was another knock on the farmer's door. Frustrated and tired, the farmer opened the door, and there stood the pig and the cow.
Have a wonderful weekend all!

3 Comments:
Great funnies today! Glad you got your shopping done. Now, to check out the images link when I have a chance. Should be good.
This weekend, we're going to cheer on those running in the marathon that Shannon had to back out of because of her injury (she was going to run it as part of a relay team). She alone raised $800 for the cause, which of course still goes to help fight Leukemia and Lymphoma despite the fact that she can't run.
I was supposed to get your check when I was in Boston, but alas, we missed each other.
OH CRUD! You're right... (although I was going to give you cash).
I forgot all about that... *frown*
Hi Dave ~~ You seem to be first to comment on my blog - thank you, and
you always give me a good report.
Thank you again, my friend.
Glad you have your shopping all done
and so do I. Just have to sort things out and wrap them.
I enjoyed yor funnies today, as usual
Take care and enjoy the weekend.
Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home