282 – Here Come the Holidays…
It seems like only a week ago that we started the Spring and I was counting the days to taking the Vette out, and it’s already the holiday season. I’ve already started my Christmas Shopping, and snow can’t be too far away.
As usual, next week we’ll be having Thanksgiving at our house, with the whole family being there (with the exception of maybe my brother-in-law, who has H1N1 flu right now). It’s a busy day, but it’s nice to have all the family together.
More holiday shopping this weekend, trying to get it all done early this year, and I can sit back and watch everyone else chase the bargains.
Twitter Watch:
Famous People that have actually spoken to me (even if just once) on Twitter:
Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Jamie Oliver (The Naked Chef), Chip Coffey (Paranormal State), Kris Williams – Jason Hawes – and Grant Wilson from Ghost Hunters, Cheeseburger Brown (Author), Gene Sloan (Writer for USA Today). Hey, it’s a start!
On to something to make you smile:
To paraphrase W.C. Fields, "I don't drink water, because fish screw in it."
To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... and those who don't...As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom,In beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.
In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstratedthat if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we wouldhave absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteriafound in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop..
However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum,whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.
Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,than to drink water and be full of shit.There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service!
Have a Wonderful Weekend All!

3 Comments:
Love the bit about wine vs. water.
I hope you get all that shopping done. Shannon was a bit panicky last weekend when she realized how close the holidays are getting, and that we had not bought a single gift yet. I regretfully add that we might again take part in Black Friday, just because last year it was such a fun time out with my brother and his wife (my folks hung back with the boys). Plus, I've already filled the 500GB external drive I bought.
Let's not forget Hasheem Thabeet
Hi Dave ~~ Thanks a lot!!! I do not like the taste of any alcohol- I am
not against it, just don't like the taste. So I mostly drink cordial
with all that Water in it - or soft
drinks and Mango Juice is a favorite.
I do have a filter on my tap, so hope that filters out the poop.
Take care, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home