Monday, November 23, 2009

283 – Let The Shopping… BEGIN!

Yeah, this is the week that most people go crazy on “Black Friday” and shop from the wee hours in the morning till they either drop, or run out of money. My daughter has been known to go out on this day shopping, but I try my best to not have to go shopping. There’s no parking, the people tend to be a bit more rude (maybe from getting up so early?), and the lines a lot longer, all to save $1.99 on something.

This past weekend was supposed to be gorgeous out, weather wise, so I had called my insurance company to ask just what it would take to put the Vette back on for just two days. The answer was I’d have to come down and fill out paperwork… and I said, nah, never mind but thanks.

I got a phone call back less than 30 seconds later saying my Vette WAS still insured, as I had failed to mail back a form that I had to sign to take it off. I found the paper, signed it… and told them I’d bring it by on Monday. So, Saturday, I took the Vette out for a nice long ride up to meet a bunch of friends for breakfast from my former work place. Driving there, I was early, and saw one of my favorite places to take pictures of it, Satan’s Kingdom, so I pulled in and snapped a few shots.

vette09

 

The picture is taken against the backdrop of the Farmington River. Most of the leaves are off the trees, so you can see pretty far in all directions.

 

river2

 

 

 

At right, is a view upriver (click on any picture to ‘embiggen’).

 

 

river3  And a picture downriver.

Well, enough for today… have a wonderful Monday people!

4 Comments:

Blogger bubbanem said...

Sometimes little mistakes are a good thing, huh? :)

Nice photos. What camera do you use?

November 23, 2009 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I use a Canon SD750 bud... works great and has a big screen on it!

November 23, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Caroldee said...

Stopping by to say hello and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours..
: )

November 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Glad you had another drive of the Vette before it retires for the Winter. Nice photos.
Our busiest shopping day are before and after Christmas and end of season sales.
Black Friday in Australia was a day in 1939 (when I was 5)when the worst bushfires burnt many homes and many deaths. That record was broken in February this year when 173 died.
They call that Black Saturday.
Take care, Best wishes, Merle.

November 26, 2009 at 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home