Wednesday, November 25, 2009

284 – Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, it’s that time of year once again where we give thanks for what we have in our lives. Friends, Family, and all else we’re thankful for.

I have so much to be thankful for… my whole family, having a good job, everything that makes me happy. I hope you’re all as thankful for what you have as I am.

We’re having the whole family over at our house as usual this year, and it’s always nice. The smell of turkey throughout the house, the smiles and laughter… we should have Thanksgiving every week at least out of the year! *chuckling*

With that said, I’m off on Friday and Monday, so I’m not sure if there will be a blog post on those days.

Oh, if you ever wanted to know the history of "Black Friday", read it here!

And now, something to make you chuckle:

From my good friend michelle:

The Bus

A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her wassmiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat.

This time the smile turnedinto a grin, so she moved again. The man seemed more amused.

When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, She complained to the driver and he had the man arrested. The case came up in court.

The judge asked the man (about 20 years old) What he had to say for himself.

The man replied, 'Well your Honor, it was like this: When the lady got on the bus, Icouldn't help but notice her condition. She sat down under a sign that said, 'TheDouble Mint Twins are coming' and I grinned. Then she moved and sat under a signthat said, ' Logan 's Liniment will reduce the swelling,' and I had to smile. Thenshe placed herself under a deodorant sign that said, 'William's Big Stick Did theTrick,' and I could hardly contain myself. But, Your Honor, when she moved thefourth time And sat under a sign that said, 'Goodyear Rubber could have preventedthis Accident!' ... I just lost it.''CASE DISMISSED!!'

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Great funny, Dave! It looks like someone finally stopped whatever was blocking me from seeing your blog and commenting on it.

Loved your description of Thanksgiving -- made me look forward to it!

November 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Dave ~~ A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family. I hope you all enjoy it with
the great food, and being together.
I love that joke and have posted it.
Very good one. Glad you enjoyed my posts and get a laugh from them.
Enjoy your days off.
Regards, my friend. Merle.

November 26, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home