288 – 17 Shopping Days till Christmas!
Well, I did a bit more shopping this weekend. Got some stuff for my mom, and my daughter and I searched for a new (artificial) Christmas tree. No matter what we find, my wife doesn’t like it. Did I mention, she’s a real scrooge? *chuckling* I’m getting to the point where she’s going to get one herself, because I’m tired of being turned down (as is my daughter). Maybe I’ll get my son to go with her! *L*
It was a real busy weekend.. almost a relief to go to work! *chuckling* How was everyone else's weekend?
If you haven’t gone there yet, check out the Bing picture of the day today.
Lest we forget what day this is.. the one that lives in infamy.
I’m thinking of getting one of those Keurig coffee makers. Anyone have any experience with them?
Well, on with something funny:
A man walks into a friend and sees that his friend's car is total loss and covered with leaves, grass, branches,
dirt and blood.
He asks his friend, "What's happened to your car?"
"Well," the friend responses, "I ran into a lawyer".
"OK," says the man, "that explains the blood... But what about the leaves, the grass, the branches and the dirt?"
"Well, I had to chase him all through the park."
And another
A concerned husband went to a doctor to talk about his wife.
He says to the doctor, "Doctor, I think my wife is deaf because she never hears me the first time and always asks me to repeat things."
"Well," the doctor replied, "go home and tonight stand about 15 feet from her and say something to her. If she doesn't reply move about 5 feet closer and say it again. Keep doing this so that we'll get an idea about the severity of her deafness".
Sure enough, the husband goes home and does exactly as instructed.
He starts off about 15 feet from his wife in the kitchen as she is chopping some vegetables and says, "Honey, what's for dinner?" He hears no response.
He moves about 5 feet closer and asks again. No reply. He moves 5 feet closer. Still no reply. He gets fed up and moves right behind her, about an inch away, and asks again, "Honey, what's for dinner?"
She replies, "For the fourth time, vegetable stew!"
Have a wonderful Monday all…!

3 Comments:
We did real trees for a few years after we got married, but then went artificial, and finally made the move to pre-lit. As I sat on the couch last night looking at our fully-decorated tree, I could see all the way through it to the wall behind it. Hadn't re-fluffed the branches exactly right, I suppose. For that part, I can't stand artificial trees. In fact, Shannon started to fluff it but then refused to finish.
I have a friend who has one of the single-cup coffeemakers, and he loves it. I have had coffee from it, and it's very good. I don't think it's a Keurig, because it uses packets instead of K-cups. Seems a bit wasteful, considering all the trash that goes out with each packet, but it's mighty convenient. He said the cost comes out to about 50 cents per cup, which is much more than I pay to make my home brew.
It looks like you can get a filter basket and use your own grounds in the Keurig. But, that probably negates one of the major reasons for having one.
Thanks for the funny.
Yeah, I havve one of the Senseo single cup coffee makers, but I'm very unimpressed with the coffee taste, and it comes out foamy.
Maybe I'll just wait...
On the tree, we too, started out with real trees.. but moved to fake ones which, once decorated, look pretty good IMHO.
Hi Dave ~~ I put up a nativity scene and a small artificial tree and a
wreath on the front door. I always
go to my daughter's place for Christmas, so don't worry doing much.
Thank you for the comment and glad you enjoyed the post. Take care, my
friend, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home