Wednesday, December 30, 2009

297 – As 2009 Comes to a Close….

Looking back, it’s been a good year. My wife and I are still working, everyone in our family is relatively healthy, and things are pretty stable.

For 2010, I’m hoping for more of the same, not just for me, but for all of my friends.

It’s been a quiet week, and I guess I’m feeling a bit reflective upon 2009.

2009 found us losing many famous people/celebrities like:

Michael Jackson
Farrah Fawcett (a dream girl for most men)
Ed McMahon (Johnny Carson’s eternal sidekick)
Billy Mays (Pitchman extraordinaire)
David Carradine (Kung-Fu)
Dom DeLuise (One of my all time favorite funny people)
Bea Arthur (the Golden Girl)
Natasha Richardson
Karl Malden (seems to have always played a cop)
Oscar Mayer (yes, him)
Eunice Shriver
Walter Cronkite (and that’s the way it was…)
Les Paul (inventor of the Electric Guitar)
Ted Kennedy
Patrick Swayze (Loved him in Road House)
Henry Gibson (remember him from Laugh-In or Boston Legal?)
James Whitmore (Great actor)
Gene Barry
Gale Storm
John Updike
John Hughes
Captain Lou Albano (loved him in the wrestling days)
Mary Travers (from Peter, Paul and Mary)
Pat Hingle
Ricardo Montalban (Mister Rourke)
Soupy Sales
Patrick McGoohan (The original Prisoner)
Paul Harvey (Good Day!)

Lets hope we lose much less in 2010.

Happy New Years my friends….. I wish you all prosperity, health and happiness.

Dave

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Interesting wrap-up of the famous people lost. I often wonder what life would be like if more people spent as much time with those they actually see (or could see) every day as they do keeping track of celebrities. You are a great example, with all the time you spend with family and friends.

I remember watching Captain Lou on WWF, back when Hulk Hogan was a good guy and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper always could be counted on to use a "foreign object" in his bouts. Not to mention "Macho Man" Randy Savage flying off the top rope.

December 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger CAROLDEE said...

Hi stopped by to say Happy New Year to ya! Hope we all have a great 2010.. I know we here could use a better one the '09..
Take care : )

January 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Dave ~~ I am glad 2009 was pretty good for you and your family
and I can say the same. So more of the same will be good in 2010.
That list of departed celebrities
is quite a large one with some very well known names in it.
A very Happy New Year Dave to you and your family. Very best wishes,
my friend. Merle.

January 2, 2010 at 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home