Monday, December 21, 2009

294 – The Blizzard that Wasn’t (at least not here)

Well, we were due for a major snowstorm Saturday overnight into Sunday, and projections were anywhere from 10-18 inches of the white stuff. It was supposed to be the heavy, hard to shovel stuff and it had already hit West Virginia and dumped so much snow there that the National Guard had to be called out.

Everyone here was getting ready to hunker down to a huge storm, with all the food stores being packed with people believing they wouldn’t be able to get bread or milk for months. Gas stations were busy too with everyone topping off their tanks for the extra weight. Sanding trucks were out pre-treating the roads as the weatherman shouted word of gloom and doom in the form of snow.

I got to bed early as I was going to take my son to work at 7am Sunday.

I awoke Sunday morning, looked out the front window and blinked. There was barely 3 inches of snow, maybe 4, and it was the light, fluffy kind that was blowing around a bit. Taking my son to work was a non-event, with the roads being cleared already. The snow stopped completely before 7:30am, and I wondered once again where the weather people went wrong.

On the other side, a town about 20 miles from me, got upwards of 23 inches of snow! How most of our state missed it, is a mystery to me!

Today’s my daughter’s 28th birthday… *S* Happy Birthday Sweetheart! ~hugs and kisses~

I want to take a moment to wish my friend michelle a Happy Birthday tomorrow! *S* I hope you have a wonderful day dear friend…. ~hugs~

Now, on to something funny:

Three young women are at a cocktail party.

The conversation turns to their position in life, and it's clear that they're trying to one-up each other.

The first one says, "My husband is taking me to the French Riviera for two weeks on vacation," and then looks at the others with a superior demeanor.

The second one says, "Well, my husband just bought me a new Mercedes," and looks about with considerable pride. Young woman number three says, "Well, to be perfectly honest with you, we don't have much money and we don't have many material possessions. However, one thing I can tell you about my husband is that fourteen canaries can stand shoulder to shoulder on his erect thing."

After this, the first one looks shamefaced and says, "Girls, I've got a confession to make: I was just trying to impress you. You know that vacation I was telling you about? Well, it's not to the French Riviera, it's to my folks' house in Terre Haute for two weeks."

The second one says, "Your honesty has shamed me. It's not a Mercedes; it's a Plymouth."

"Well, I've got a confession to make myself: Canary number fourteen has to stand on one leg."

Have a wonderful Monday all…!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Glad you guys didn't get buried. As it was, though, you got more snow than we will (accumulate) all winter.

I miss the white stuff, and it breaks my heart just a little every time it pours from the sky only to thaw on impact or shortly thereafter.

December 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Mike H said...

Sorry you missed out Dave, there was 8-10 inches when I left my friend Kevin's in Trumbull Sunday morning, only to get home to 20+ in Norwich

December 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home