Monday, December 14, 2009

291 – 10 Shopping Days till Christmas!

Thank goodness, my shopping’s done.

My daughter and I are making a special holiday treat for co-workers and friends, but that’s more fun than anything.

The weekend was a busy one as always.. we went out to dinner with some friends from our wine group on Saturday night and had a great Italian meal. The conversation was wonderful, and we came home full and relaxed.

Well, I see Tiger Woods is finally losing some endorsements. Well, I have a hard time feeling sorry for him when the amount of women he’s had an affair with has reached 10!

My wife and I also went out on Saturday to buy 2 new patio doors for the back of our house. They’re VERY expensive as one of them is 9 feet wide, but, we have to do it as we have problems with them and our builder told us we should replace them soon. So.. in a week or two, out go the old and in with the new I guess!

Now, for something funny, care of Tiger Woods:

It is near the Christmas break of the school year. The students have turned in all their work and there is really nothing more to do. All the children are restless and the teacher decides to have an early dismissal.

Teacher: "Whoever answers the questions I ask, first and correctly can leave early today."

Little Johnny says to himself "Good, I want to get outta here. I'm smart and will answer the question."

Teacher: "Who said 'Four Score and Seven Years Ago'?"
Before Johnny can open his mouth, Susie says, "Abraham Lincoln."
Teacher: "That's right Susie, you can go home."

Johnny is mad that Susie answered the question first.
Teacher: "Who said 'I Have a Dream'?"
Before Johnny can open his mouth, Mary says, "Martin Luther King."
Teacher: "That's right Mary, you can go."

Johnny is even madder than before.
Teacher: "Who said 'Ask not, what your country can do for you'?"
Before Johnny can open his mouth, Nancy says, "John F. Kennedy."
Teacher: "That's right Nancy, you may also leave."

Johnny is boiling mad that he has not been able to answer to any of the questions.
When the teacher turns her back Johnny says, "I wish these bitches would keep their mouths shut!"

The teacher turns around: "NOW WHO SAID THAT?"
Johnny: "TIGER WOODS. CAN I GO NOW?"

Have a wonderful Monday all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Good funny.

It will be interesting to see how someone playing golf can recover from this kind of publicity.

I get pretty tired of people commenting "he's only human, and we all make mistakes." It has turned out to be more than just that, folks. If we can never draw a line and say someone did wrong, just because we all do wrong at some point, then that means there are no more absolutes, no more morals at all. There are normal human slip-ups, and then there are colossal abuse of power and wanton disregard for self-control.

December 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Glad you liked the pic of Peter and me, and also the line 'sex
can only happen when a male gets an election'. sorry you nearly choked on your coffee, not a good idea to read jokes while drinking anything.
I believe Tiger is up to 14 now, how on earth did he have time to play golf? It looks like he has lost his family over it, who could blame his wife.
The funny was good, Little Johnny was a bit slow today. Have a great
Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Very Best wishes, Merle.

December 17, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home