293 – Winter HAS Arrived!
The weather has been pretty mild here lately, getting up into the low 50’s earlier this week. Slowly, since then it’s gotten a LOT colder! This morning, it was 11 degrees out with a wind-chill of 2 degrees! Damn it’s cold out! We’re due for some snow this weekend, but the forecasters have no clue how much. All they say is it could be a big one.
Tonight, I’m going out with my friend Dave for dinner, and maybe a movie. It’ll be nice to get together before the holidays, as we haven’t gone out in a while now.
This weekend, I start wrapping gifts. I actually enjoy it though some people find it a chore. Many people now use gift bags instead.. and I wonder where that ever came from.
Now for something interesting:
If you’re like me, you love beautiful pictures. I go to bing.com every day to see the wonderful photos there. Well, here are some Archived Bing Pictures.
And now, some funny quotes:
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar
The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
Have a wonderful weekend all…!

3 Comments:
If your buddy Dave has a blog, he could have written exactly the same thing today, and it would have made sense. "Hey, Dave, what are you doing tonight?" "Going out with Dave." "Have fun with Dave, Dave!"
Yeah, okay. I'm a little too wound up this morning. My family's Christmas starts this weekend.
G'day Dave, something for everyone there.
Hope you have a joyous Christmas and that 2010 is a good year for you.
Hi Dave ~~ Some good quotes there and I did not expect any good ones from Homer Simpson. It is a show I ever watch. I had a great week with Kathy and family - but it is always good to get home again. There were 9 of us, so I keep expecting someone to say "Grandma."
Have a wonderful New Year Dave, and may it be the best one ever.
Very Best Wishes, dear friend. Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home