320 – Just Another Monday…
This past weekend just seemed to be way too short.
Friday night, my friend Dave and I went out to dinner, and when he stopped by my house to pick me up, brought me a nice bottle of Appelton Rum from Jamaica! We had dinner at a local Peruvian restaurant with the worst name ever “Latino Restaurant”, but we know the food there is outstanding.
Saturday, we had our taxes done in the morning and went out to dinner with our friends Ray and Debbie (he recently celebrated a 60th birthday).
Sunday was the normal ritual of visiting Mom, and doing some things at home.. then watching my UCONN Men lose to Louisville by 2 points. *frown* I doubt they’ll make the NCAA Tournament this year.
And now.. for something funny (and true!)":
How to use the microwave oven... on a cruise ship
While on a luxury cruise, the receptionist received a call from a distressed passenger. "I wish to inform you that there is a faulty electrical appliance in my suite. Could you please send someone over to have it repaired immediately?? asked a lady passenger, clearly upset.
"Certainly, I shall arrange for someone to look into the matter immediately. Which electrical appliance would that be?? asked the concierge.
"It’s the microwave. I’ve been trying to warm up some supper for myself but the microwave wouldn’t start, replied the passenger.
"The microwave, Madam?? repeated the bewildered receptionist. "Yes, the microwave. You know, the heating device that is installed in the wardrobe,? replied the passenger sarcastically. "I’ve been trying for the past hour but my supper is still cold.?
Upon arriving at the suite, the receptionist found the lady passenger standing in front of the wardrobe, pressing vigorously at the control panel of the safe deposit box installed in the wardrobe. "Let me show you how what I have been trying. I key in the number of minutes here, but I don’t really know which one is the start button...?
Clever business at a young age
A policeman had a perfect hiding place to screen speeding drivers. But one day, everyone was under the speed limit, the officer investigated : a 9 year old boy was standing on the side of the road with a huge hand-painted sign which said "SPEED CAMERA AHEAD."
A little more investigative work led the officer to the boy's partner in crime, another boy about 200 meters beyond the speed camera with a sign reading "TIPS" & a bucket at his feet full of coins.
Have a wonderful Monday all!

2 Comments:
My Razorbacks aren't going "dancin'" this year, either. They had a great five-game win streak and were atop the SEC West, but now they've lost three in a row.
That microwave joke was funny for me, because the hotels I stay in for work have those safes in the closets.
In the other, the kid making tips was pretty resourceful!
Hello Dave ~~ I hope your Monday
turned out OK. I liked the microwave
joke too and hadn't heard it before.
Take great care, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home