Wednesday, February 10, 2010

313 – Hump-Day Snowstorm

Well, we’re due for 8-16 inches of snow today.. and I’m sure not looking forward to that! I was kind of secretly hoping that we could slide through February just once, without a big dumping of snow. It’s odd though, that it seems like February is the worst month for snow every year.

Could someone please explain to me the difference between Facebook and MySpace? Is one more for kids? Why on earth would I want an account on one? (people are constantly asking me if I’m on one or the other)

Other than the weather, things are going well. Work is good, if not busy, home is good. My mom is doing well and is cranky as she always is (I keep telling her not to worry, only the good die young, she’ll live forever!) She knows I’m joking and we always get a laugh out of it. She is having a bit of a hard time with one leg and has started using one of those 4-legged canes to help her out.

There may not be any blog post on Friday as I’ll be off that day with a doctors appointment (nothing serious, I promise).

On to something funny:

An expert on whales was telling friends about some of the unusual findings he had made. 'For instance,' he said, 'some whales can communicate at a distance of 300 miles.' 'What on earth would one whale say to another 300 miles away?' asked a sarcastic member of the group. 'I'm not absolutely sure,' answered the expert, 'but I bet it sounds something like... 'Can you hear me nowwww!?!'

A man seeking to join an East Texas Sheriff's Department is being interviewed. The Deputy doing the interview says: "Your qualifications all look good, but there is an attitude suitability test that you must take before you can be accepted." Then, sliding a service pistol across the desk, he says: "Take this pistol and go out and shoot six illegal aliens, six meth dealers, six Muslim extremists, and a rabbit. " "Why the rabbit?" "Great attitude," says the Sergeant. "When can you start?"

A child went for sunday morning service and this is what happened. Teacher: Who wants to go to heaven (the whole class raise up their hands except one girl). Teacher:Why do you not want to go heaven? Girl: My mum says I should come home right after church.

Have a wonderful Hump-Day all!

ps, thanks for the comments..! Mike, call me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I was on MySpace before I got on FaceBook, and I forgot about MySpace from the moment I got on FaceBook. the interface is much cleaner, not as loaded with inappropriate ads, and more grown-ups use it than MySpace. We ran much of my 20-year reunion from FB and many of my classmates (several who couldn't make it) have used my FB page to view photos I put into the musical DVD slideshow I created for viewing at the reunion dinner.

FB can be a huge time sink for some, but I keep it in check. If you ignore (and block) the application requests and other stuff like that when people first send them to you, then you can have a fairly streamlined FB experience. I like it, and actually a few lively comment discussions have resulted from my brief Status updates (similar to a tweet).

So, does your mom's walker have tennis balls on the bottom of its feet?

Even areas of Arkansas, where I used to live, are getting up to a foot of snow. I hope you guys don't get buried too badly in the latest round of white stuff.

February 10, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks for the info Mark.

The cane my mom has is a single pole, that breaks out into four legs at the bottom, not a walker (where you'd put tennis balls on the back supports).

So far, the snow stopped after a brief flurry, but the weather radars show it's on it's way from long Island heading our way now!

February 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

I never tried MySpace because it was always in my mind for kids/teens, I didn't have any friends that used it. But Facebook, cant imagine life without it! Like Mark said it can be a huge time sink if one lets it. You seem to enjoy Twitter immensely why not give Facebook a try?

February 11, 2010 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I liked the funnies in this post. I hope your Mother
continues to do well. Cheers, Merle.

February 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home