312 – I do this for one reader?
OK, Mark seems to be the only one reading/commenting! I’m back to the “is this worth it for one follower?” kinda thought.
For once, if you read, post just so I know you’re there please.
The weekend was a busy one, beginning with Friday night and a 35 mile trip to a Costco store (think SAM’s Club") for a 20 sq ft gun safe that they didn’t have at the local store. My wife has some guns that she inherited from her dad, and I purchased one for target shooting recently so we wanted something nice. This is what it looks like.
Inside it’s carpeted and has some extra shelves as shown here.
We’re due for a good sized snowstorm on Wednesday, but I hope they’re wrong and it goes a different direction.
Sunday, we had a couple of friends over for the SuperBowl. We made some of our good Jamaican Jerk Sausage Chili, and some wings, and had a great time! Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints!
On to something funny:
Lost Your Wife Lately?
I was in Walmart the other day pushing my cart around when I collided
with a young guy pushing his cart.
I said to the young guy, "Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife and
I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
The young guy says, "That's OK. It's a coincidence. I'm looking for my
wife, too. I can't find her and I'm getting a little desperate.
I said, "Well, maybe we can help each other. What does your wife look
like?"
The young guy says, "Well, she is 24 years old, tall, with blond hair,
big blue eyes, long legs, big boobs, and she's wearing tight white shorts, a
halter top and no bra. What does your wife look like?"
I said, "Doesn't matter --- let's look for yours."
Most old guys are helpful like that . . .
******************
This is a question that has gone unanswered for centuries, but, now we know.
It requires a bit of explanation, first:
If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race ... you're a male chauvinist. If you stay home and do the housework ... you're a pansy. If you work too hard ... there's never any time for her. If you don't work enough .....you're a good-for-nothing bum. If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay .... this is exploitation. If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay ..... you should get off your lazy behind and find something better. If you get a promotion ahead of her ... that is favoritism. If she gets a job ahead of you .....it's equal opportunity.
If you mention how nice she looks ... it's sexual harassment. If you keep quiet ...... it's male indifference. If you cry ... you're a wimp. If you don't ...... you're an insensitive bastard. If you make a decision without consulting her ....... you're a chauvinist. If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman. If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy ... that's domination. If SHE asks you ... it's a favor. If you appreciate the female form and frilly underwear ...... you're a pervert. If you don't ... you're gay.
If you like a woman to shave her legs and keep in shape .... you're sexist.. If you don't ... you're unromantic. If you try to keep yourself in shape ...... you're vain. If you don't ... you're a slob. If you buy her flowers ... you're after something. If you don't .... you're not thoughtful. If you're proud of your achievements ... you're full of yourself. If you don't ... you're not ambitious. If she has a headache ... she's tired. If you have a headache ...... you don't love her anymore. If you want it too often.... you're oversexed... If you don't ... there must be someone else.
Why do men die first?
Because they want to
Have a wonderful Monday all!

3 Comments:
Dave, I'm still here
I'm on a work trip, so I might not be checking this on the same schedule as usual.
I think all blogs that once saw quite a bit of activity have seen a slow-down due in large part to Facebook. People are spending so much time keeping up with so many people, that they don't spend the time for longer formats like blogs. Oh, well.
I use statcounter.com on mine, though, and that shows me that some folks still find my blog via Google or other search engines. Sometimes they don't find at all what they were trying to find, but sometimes they do.
Hi Dave ~~Please keep on doing this
for yourself even if only Mark comments. It is a record of your life and times and will be good to look back on when you are old.
It has been pretty warm - mid 30s C but humid as well and I haven't been feeling great. Have blood tests tomorrow and see doctor on Thursday, so hope I can get some help there.
Thanks for your comments and I hope to post again soon.
The gun safe is good, and the funnies also, so thanks.
Take care, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home