Friday, August 20, 2010

381 – No-Plan Weekend!

For once, we have a weekend with pretty much no plans. Seems odd since we’ve been busy every weekend for months it seems.

Well, I should say I may get my birthday cake this weekend.. but we’ll see! *S*

I was mentioning to a friend yesterday, that I had lots of interesting things happen to me on my first trip to Europe back in 1998, so I think I’ll try to make them into blog posts coming soon.

Has anyone seen this article about a new, hottest pepper on earth? It's the Dorset Naga pepper, and at a 1.6 Million Scoville rating, it’s mind numblingly hot!

Not much else this morning, so on to something funny:

Swords On A Plane

AIRPORT | SALT LAKE CITY, UT, USA

(A man going through security is stopped when the x-ray reveals that he has a full-length sword in his carry on luggage.)

Me: “Sir, what are you doing with this sword?”

Customer: “It’s a souvenir. It’s not even sharp.”

Me: “This can in no way go on board a plane.”

Customer: “But it’s not even sharp!”

Me: “You’re going to need to come with me. Anything like this, whether it’s a souvenir or not, should have been placed in your checked luggage.”

Customer: “I don’t believe this! It’s not a real sword! And it’s not even sharp?! Do I look stupid to you?”

Me: “You look like a person trying to bring a sword onto a plane.”

Yukon Freeze It

CALL CENTER | KELOWNA, BC, CANADA

Me: “Thank you for calling [Cell Phone Company] customer service. How can I help you?”

Caller: “You sound different. Where are you from?”

Me: “Canada. Is there something I can help you with?”

Caller: “Canada? How big is the igloo you work in?”

Me: “Sir, we don’t live in igloos. In fact, it’s about 40˚ here at the moment.”

Caller: “40˚ is freezing!”

Me: “40˚ Celsius. That’s 104˚ Fahrenheit.”

Caller: “Oh my god, how do you keep your igloos from melting?!”

 

Have a wonderful weekend all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

It would be fun to read about your first adventures in Europe. I love "firsts" stories.

August 20, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home