Wednesday, August 18, 2010

380 – Happy Birthday to Me!

Yep, today’s my birthday once again. One year older, and lets hope wiser. Thanks to all of you who have sent me messages in one place or another *S*. Tonight, we go to my friend Dave’s house for his daughter’s birthday party (she’s my Godchild), born on the same day as me!

My wife finally picked out some flooring for our kitchen, some wonderful looking dark oak wood flooring. Now, we have to get our friend/builder to install it. It’ll look outstanding when done. Next, we need to pick out and buy a new kitchen range.

Not much else going on, so on to something funny:

Darkest Africa

TRAVEL AGENCY | LONDON, UK

(At my travel agency, the wall behind my desk has a very large world map. I happen to be sitting in front of Africa. A customer seats herself at my desk.)

Me: “Good morning, and where are you thinking of going?”

Customer: “Well I was thinking of–” *customers eyes widen as they glance at the map behind me*

Me: “Is everything alright?”

Customer: “Your map! Take it down! It’s been vandalized by racists!”

Me: “It has? Where?”

Customer: *pointing* “Right there! In the middle of Africa of all places!”

(The customer is pointing at the large West African country ‘Niger’.)

Me: “Ah, well that’s actually the name of the country. It’s not a racist term.”

Customer: “Are you sure?”

Me: “Positive. We actually offer a safari in West Africa if you’re interested?”

Customer: “Oh, no thanks. I already have somewhere I’d like to go to.”

Me: “Excellent! And where is that?”

Customer: “Montenegro.”
(Seems stupidity is everywhere!)

Peppering The Truth With Lies

COFFEE SHOP | HINTON, WV, USA

Customer: “Can I get a peppermint tea please?”

Me: “Okay, what size of mint tea would you like?”

Customer: “I want a large and I want a peppermint tea. Not a mint tea.”

Me: “They are both the same thing.”

Customer: “No they aren’t! Peppermint tea has pepper in it!”

Have a great day all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Congratulations on finishing out another year. My dad celebrated his 70th yesterday, and lots of our family's birthdays are in August.

Like I told Dad last night, "Adding another year is better than stopping."

August 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I am glad you had a good birthday and sounds like your kitchen is going to look great when
you get it all done. Good jokes -
pepper in tea!! Good ones, thanks.
Take care, my friend, Regards, Merle.

August 20, 2010 at 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home