Monday, August 16, 2010

379 – Rainy Monday

For the first time in a long time, it’s raining pretty good this morning. I don’t think we’ve had any appreciable rain in months.

Well, it’s the week of my birth! *S* I’m getting old.

Mark, yes, we’re long timers it seems!

Derek, I don’t live in that neighborhood.. I’m probably around 20 miles from Hartford.

Peter, I had no idea most of them were Jewish myself!

This year is our town’s 225’th anniversary, and they had some fireworks last night that I was able to catch some of on my digital camera! (it’s 14mb in size, so it may take a bit to load)

 

This was only 20 seconds of them, but they went on for the better part of an hour last night. They were easily viewed from my front porch.

It was a nice weekend, as we went out to dinner both Friday and Saturday nights for my birthday, but with different friends each time. Friday, it was with our friend John B from our wine club who’s a very wonderful friend, and we had a great time, then Saturday night, with our friends Ray and Debbie at my favorite restaurant! *S*

Well, on to something funny:

Never Judge A DVD By Its Cover

VIDEO RENTAL | USA

Customer: “Hey, what movie did that other customer just turn in?”

Me:Book of Eli. Would you like to rent it?”

Customer: “A book? No, I don’t want no book. I hate reading!”

Me: “No, I’m sorry. Book of Eli is the title of the movie.”

Customer: “I don’t like books.”

Customer’s friend: “It’s not a book, it’s a movie.”

Customer: “Well, I bet it’s based on a book, and I hate books!”

Rectify The Situation

PHARMACY | UK

Customer: “Hi there, do you sell rectums?”

Me: “I’m sorry, what?”

Customer: “Rectums. I need a rectum. do you sell them?”

Me: “Why do you need it?”

Customer: “I have some tablets here and it says ‘insert via rectum’ and as I don’t have one, I thought I better buy one.”

Me: “I think I better call the pharmacist in.”

(I call the pharmacist in who explains to the man exactly what a rectum is. He leaves red faced.)

 

Have a wonderful Monday all…!

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Just a quick note to wish
you a very Happy Birthday for today
the 18th. Although I see you have been out celebrating already.
The Jewish jokes were good and no bad language was needed. Nice to see the fireworks from your porch.
Good jokes. Have a Happy Day my friend. Regards, Merle.

August 18, 2010 at 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home