Friday, October 15, 2010

401 - My First Trip to Europe XVII

Germany:

After watching Mario and Luigi handle barrels of beer, it was off to work. I was pulled into an office and told I had to fly out to Milan, Italy on Wednesday, to upgrade their office there, and back to Germany the same night. I was a bit bummed that I’d have little time to see any sights on my first visit to Italy, but I did what was requested. I was told I’d have a cab waiting at my hotel for me at 6:00am, to take me to the Frankfurt Airport.

After working a full day, Rich asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner the next town over, and I accepted and we went to a nice, authentic German food restaurant in Aachen.

Arriving at our seats, we found it was the owner that would be waiting on us. He spoke pretty good English, and suggested a plate he would create of various German specialties, which we wholeheartedly agreed upon. The plate that came to our table was enormous, and showcased all the best food that Germany offers, with heavy emphasis on the different brats and knacks as well as the best, home made sauerkraut I’ve ever had. (I think I have a picture of Rich and I eating at this restaurant, but I had no time to scan recently, so hopefully Monday I’ll have it)

After a wonderful dinner, holding our bellies, we headed back to our hotels, me, wondering what my Wednesday would have to offer in Milan, Italy. I also knew, that before the end of the week, I’d have to go to Stuttgart, Germany too.. but that was yet to come.

More on Monday…

Have a wonderful weekend all…!

2 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ You sure had a hectic time
on this Europe trip. Great to see some of the sights in the various places.
Thanks for your comments - glad you liked the speeding ticket story,and
the jokes as well. Have a wonderful
weekend, my friend. Regards, Merle..

October 15, 2010 at 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

I agree with Merle. Kind of a hectic schedule, but you managed to fit in some neat activities. I trust your time in Milan will turn out more rewarding than you expected (right?!).

(and, mysteriously, I can comment today)

October 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home