Wednesday, November 17, 2010

416 – 3 days till Vacation!

Well, this week can’t go by fast enough for me. I haven’t even begun to pack yet, but I think I’ll start on it Wednesday night.

UCONN Basketball is in full swing, and the women, ranked #1 in the country for the millionth time, beat #2 Baylor last night in a 1 point nail-biter! My friend Ray was over, and we were screaming at the TV all night!

We finally bought a new stove, (flat top, 4 burner plus warming spot) and it came in yesterday. My wife called me from work and asked me what delicious meal I was going to cook for her for supper. After looking through the cabinets, vegetable drawer in the fridge, and freezer, I took out some turkey cutlet filets (very thin, nothing on them), found some asparagus and béarnaise sauce and made a new meal in my head.

I put a bit of butter in a pan, sautéed some garlic, added the turkey, let them simmer for a moment before adding some white wine and covering on a slow heat. I then steamed the asparagus and running out of time for a potato, cheated and put in some fries. I made the béarnaise sauce last, and as my wife walked in the door, I had the place settings done, even her drink ready for her. I served the turkey over the asparagus with the béarnaise sauce atop that, with some fries on the side. It was OUTSTANDING! I even surprised myself…. guess those 4 years of cooking school didn’t go to waste after all!

Mark, I can’t believe you just recently saw The Day the Earth Stood Still! Wow that’s one of my all time faves, and I’ve owned it on DVD for years.

Merle, I hope you get to see the meteor showers too.. they’re very special to see. *S*

No more for now, so I’ll say have a wonderful Hump-Day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

I guessed I missed the detail that you had attended cooking school. Sounds like a great meal you conjured. Funny, too, because last night Shannon brought home fresh asparagus last night and was excited about cooking it on my birthday because it has become one of my (and Ben's) favorites in the past couple of years. Alas, time got away from her and me, and we never cooked it. But, she also had brought home all she needed to cook a meal that holds historical significance for us -- lemon chicken made with chicken flavored Rice-a-roni, broccoli, and parsley. She cuts up chicken breasts into, say, thirds, and then coats each piece in flour, then pan-fries it. Then she adds the chicken, broccoli, fresh parsley, and lemon juice to Rice-a-Roni in the skillet. Delicious! The boy ate it, but only after everything was scraped off the chicken. He doesn't know that he was missing out on all of the flavor.

Oh, and go Huskies!

November 17, 2010 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

Oh, and my post is up for today, a bit late.

November 17, 2010 at 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Mike H said...

And we are at 80

November 17, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home