Monday, November 8, 2010

411 – Snow? Already?

Yep, I awoke this morning to find about an inch of slushy snow on the ground. Blech. (why doesn’t the spell checker find the word blech?) Of course, being the first slippery conditions of the season, there’s dozens of accidents around.

The weekend was a busy one, with my son and I getting some firewood our woodstove to last the Winter. Luckily, the local place that sells wood charged me a whopping $10 to fill the back of my truck! I’m set for sure now.

I wonder if anyone else has heard of the fiasco we had here in Connecticut with our Governor elections? Here's a link to the story. (makes us look like Florida in the Presidential elections)

Mom’s doing very, very well.. and we’re hoping at or around Thanksgiving she’ll be going home. Just one more small hurdle to overcome.

I’m having a lot of fun with my new iPad. I can connect to PC’s in work from my living room chair, I can use it to view RSS feeds, read newspapers and magazines.. and there’s some great games too! *S*

11 Days till vacation… *Smile*

On to something funny:

An engineer and a programmer

A programmer and an engineer are sitting next to each other on a long flight from Los Angeles to New York.
The programmer leans over to the engineer and asks if he would like to play a fun game.
The engineer just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.
The programmer persists and explains that the game is real easy and is a lot of fun. He explains "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5. Then you ask me a question, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $5."
Again, the engineer politely declines and tries to get to sleep.
The programmer, now somewhat agitated, says, "OK, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $100!"
This catches the engineer's attention, and he sees no end to this torment unless he plays, so he agrees to the game.
The programmer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The engineer doesn't say a word, but reaches into his wallet, pulls out a five dollar bill and hands it to the programmer.
Now, it's the engineer's turn. He asks the programmer "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down on four?"
The programmer looks up at him with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop computer and searches all of his references. He taps into the Airphone with his modem and searches the net and the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends e-mail to his co-workers--all to no avail.
After about an hour, he wakes the Engineer and hands him $100. The engineer politely takes the $100 and turns away to try to get back to sleep. The programmer, more than a little miffed, shakes the engineer and asks "Well, so what's the answer?" Without a word, the engineer reaches into his wallet, hands the programmer $5, and turns away to get back to sleep.

Have a great Monday all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ That vacation is getting close now. Guess you will be getting excited about it. Have a terrific time.
Thanks for your usual kind comment and glad you enjoyed the post.
The fire was only contained in the frying pan but was still SCARY, so I will be more careful and never leave the kitchen when I have something on the stove. Take care, my friend.
Very best wishes, Merle.

November 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

The iPad sounds neat, but until I read, "And I quickly and easily prepared this blog post using my iPad," I won't be completely sold. I must be able to create, not just consume, with a device that costs that much money. The connecting to work PC's is very cool, if you need that feature.

I will have to wait to read about your gubernatorial election (I love saying, "gubernatorial.")

November 8, 2010 at 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Mike H said...

Good joke
Finally we have a governor, and an end to the penalty phase of trial #1, both in the same day!

November 8, 2010 at 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, that joke was fuuuuuuny.

November 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home