Friday, February 4, 2011

441 – Even More Snow Coming (I want to move to Florida)

Ok…. it’s time to move South. Way South. Maybe in the Caribbean. I want to be a bartender at a little beach bar in Barbados. I want to sit there and make drinks in sandals, while the tropical breeze slowly moves the palm fronds on the roof of the hut on the beach. I want to listen to people complain about the snow and smile, knowing I’m not there any longer.

I don’t know that I’ve ever wished Winter to end more than this year. It’s just exhausting, and depressing at the same time. If the kids have one more day off of school, they’ll have to start digging into their April vacation.IMG_2524

Click on the picture to the right to see my front yard.

Oh, BTW… that was taken before the latest 12 inches we had! Looks like up to 6 more inches coming tomorrow.

Does anyone have one of those matchbooks that tells you how to be a bartender in 2 weeks? *chuckling*

I guess it’s a good year for the skiers though.. they’ll be skiing until August at this rate! *L*

Lastly, there’s a beautiful picture of Paris on http://www.bing.com today. They talk about the catacombs in the links on the page, which I’ve visited before! It’s such a beautiful city.. I hope to go again soon.

On to something funny:

How to Please Your I.T. Department
01. When you call us to have your computer moved, be sure to leave it buried under half a ton of postcards, baby pictures, stuffed animals, dried flowers, bowling trophies and children's art. We don't have a life, and we find it deeply moving to catch a fleeting glimpse of yours.
02. Don't write anything down. Ever. We can play back the error messages from here.
03. When an I.T. person says he's coming right over, go for coffee. That way you won't be there when we need your password. It's nothing for us to remember 700 screen saver passwords.
04. When you call the help desk, state what you want, not what's keeping you from getting it. We don't need to know that you can't get into your mail because your computer won't power on at all.
05. When I.T. support sends you an E-Mail with high importance, delete it at once. We're just testing.
06. When an I.T. person is eating lunch at his desk, walk right in and spill your guts right out. We exist only to serve.
07. Send urgent email all in uppercase. The mail server picks it up and flags it as a rush delivery.
08. When the photocopier doesn't work, call computer support. There's electronics in it.
09. When something's wrong with your home PC, dump it on an I.T. person's chair with no name, no phone number and no description of the problem. We love a puzzle.
10. When an I.T. person tells you that computer screens don't have cartridges in them, argue. We love a good argument.
11. When an I.T. person tells you that he'll be there shortly, reply in a scathing tone of voice: "And just how many weeks do you mean by shortly?" That motivates us.
12. When the printer won't print, re-send the job at least 20 times. Print jobs frequently get sucked into black holes.
13. When the printer still won't print after 20 tries, send the job to all 68 printers in the company. One of them is bound to work.
14. Don't learn the proper term for anything technical. We know exactly what you mean by "My thingy blew up".
15. Don't use on-line help. On-line help is for wimps.

(I especially love #12, happens all the time!)

Have a great weekend all!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Whoa. You guys are being inundated with the white stuff.

The schools are out again here for the fourth day in a row. We got about 6" more snow last night and this morning on top of the ice that crippled the whole Dallas metroplex. We drove fine on the roads yesterday afternoon and had a great evening with friends, then left Ben to spend the night. Now I'm working from home AGAIN and Shannon sleeps. Not sure how we're going to get the boy home.

February 4, 2011 at 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Curt said...

I like #8

February 4, 2011 at 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need some sunscreen...

February 4, 2011 at 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Curt said...

Ooops... that's me that needs the sunscreen

February 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ The pic of your back yard
is frightening. All that snow.
I hope your back is better - they are painful; Both Peter and I are safe from all the disasters we have been having. Glad you enjoyed the jokes, especially the military one.
Take great care, my friend, Regards Merle.

February 5, 2011 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger CAROLDEE said...

I wanna go too take me with you........send me to the KEYS in Florida to ride out the rest of this miserable winter.. Ready to go in a moments notice..!!Stay well. that shoveling is back breaking!

February 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home