Monday, July 25, 2011

494–Still Hot!

Last Thursday, it was 98 degrees here, and Friday, it was 104 degrees here. That’s WAY above normal, and a new record high temp.

We’re dealing with the heat, and I know before long, there will be cool weather coming as Fall approaches.

max

 

At right, meet my new Grandson, Max! *S*

My daughter and her boyfriend picked him up from a breeder on Saturday. He’s a purebred Shih-tzu and he’s adorable!

We went to visit him on Saturday, and he just melts your heart. He’s 8 weeks old, and curious about everything and everybody. Of course we brought him a tiny puppy toy, and he played with it immediately.

20110718_51

 

Back to the vacation last week. Last Monday, we were having lunch overlooking the beach, when what should appear out in the water: (see photo at right) a waterspout!

It was maybe 3-5 miles out, but pretty cool nevertheless.

Now for something funny:

From my dear friend michelle:

Sitting on the side of the road waiting to catch speeding drivers, a
Massachusetts state trooper sees a car puttering along at 24 mph. He thinks
to himself, "This driver is as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turns on his
lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five elderly ladies - two in
the front seat and three in the back, wide-eyed and white as ghosts.

The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand. I
was going the exact speed limit. What seems to be the problem?"

The trooper trying to contain a chuckle, explains to her that 24 was the
route number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and
thanked the officer for pointing out her error.

"But before you go, Ma'am, I have to ask, is everyone in this car OK? These
women seem awfully shaken."

"Oh, they'll be all right in a minute, officer. We just got off Route 108."

Have a wonderful day all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I have never seen or heard of a water spout. It looks very
interesting. Where was this vacation? I don't see the name of the place anywhere.
Good joke that I have also posted. Take care in the heat, Regards, Merle.

July 27, 2011 at 4:44 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

We went to Mexico, a place called Riviera Maya (on the Yucatan Peninsula).

It's a gorgeous place Merle. *S*

July 27, 2011 at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home