506–Flood Stage
Yes, the rivers in Connecticut are reaching their flood stage today.
This Connecticut River, in Middletown, is so far over it’s banks it’s flooding many businesses and it’s not far from where my daughter is living right now. Luckily, she’s far enough away that it won’t affect her (other than she still doesn’t have power), but many businesses that are on the rivers edge are flooded, many may not open for weeks.
I think this storm, while it didn’t cause as much wind damage as they thought, will cost more from the flooding.
Oh, and part of our country is in a severe drought!
No blog post on Friday or Monday as I’m off Friday and Monday!
Have a nice, safe holiday weekend all.

1 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ I am sorry about the flooding as that can be disasterous
and being without power must be so
very inconvenient for those affected.
I see there are out of control wildfires in Texas, so you have the lot in the states at present.
Best Wishes my friend, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home