Wednesday, December 21, 2011

532 – Hawaii II

Our first island in Hawaii, Oahu was less than we expected. Our hotel room wasn’t too nice, and the Waikiki Beach area a bit disappointing (coarse sand beach, coral in the water (not a nice sandy bottom we hoped for) and the high-rise, New York City kinda feel for the area left us a bit wanting more.

On the other hand, Diamondhead was wonderful, and we took a tour the second day there which was great.

Arriving at Maui, we got our rental cars and drove along a gorgeous coastline to our hotel,lahaina-shores-beach the Lahaina Shores Beach Resort. Now, hotel is the wrong word for this place, as it’s a group of condo’s, half facing the mountains and half facing the beach. Thank GOODNESS our travel agent got us the upgrade, we had rooms facing the beach. WOW!
(note: this photo not taken by me)

First of all, let me say that everyone at this resort was PERFECT! They all made us feel as if they were welcoming us into their own home. It was a great feeling, and if I ever went back to Hawaii, this would  be the place I went.IMG_0205_1280x960

To the left, is a picture of the view from our room, overlooking the ocean. The sunset over the palm trees you see there, were breathtaking (see photo below).

When I got back, just for giggles I looked up how much these condo’s cost. I was amazed to find the ocean view ones start at around $400,000 to a half million dollars!

*gasp*

IMG_0218_1280x960

The picture at right, was the sunset on our first night in Maui.

More soon… enjoy your Hump-Day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Sometimes it pays to let them know you're not satisfied -- especially when businesses are bending over backward to keep customers happy.

I remember some of the sand along Highway 1 (south of San Francisco) being coarse.

December 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

WOW... the sunset photo is gorgeous; incredible capture.

As much as you and your wife travel, they should want to keep you very happy. :-)

Merry Christmas, Dave, to you and all your family! *HUGS*

December 21, 2011 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home