Friday, August 17, 2012

560 – Another Year Older

Well, tomorrow is my birthday, and I’ll be a whopping 56 years old. For some odd reason, I thought I was 56 last year! Go figure.

I got a phone call from my son this week, that he was in a car accident this morning which flipped his car, but luckily he’s ok. I’m not sure what he’ll do if his car is un-repairable, as we are firm in not buying him another car. He’s on his own with that now. Sounds cruel, but we bought him 4 cars now, and he’s ruined every one so far.

Other than that, tomorrow we’ll have a family party at our house. It’ll be nice to see my daughter and son-in-law, and my Grand-Puppy!

15 more days till our next cruise…. and I just can’t wait.

On to something funny:

'Bless me Father, for I have sinned.
I have been with a loose girl.'
 
The priest asks, 'Is that you, little Joey Pagano?'

'Yes, Father, it is.'
 
'And who was the girl you were with?'
!
'I can't tell you, Father, I don't want to ruin her reputation.'

'Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you
May as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?'

'I cannot say.'
 
'Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?'
 
'I'll never tell.'
 
'Was it Nina Capelli?'
 
! 'I'm sorry, but I cannot name her.'
 
'Was it Cathy Piriano?'
 
'My lips are sealed.'

'Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?'

'Please, Father, I cannot tell you.'

The priest sighs in frustration. 'You're very tight lipped,
And I admire that.  But you've sinned and have to
Atone. You cannot be an altar boy now
For 4 months. Now you go and
Behave yourself.'
 
Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and
Whispers, 'What'd you get?'
 
'Four months vacation and five good leads...'

And one more:

Old man sitting on his front porch down in Louisiana, watching the sun rise, sees the neighbor's kid walk by carrying something big under his arm. He
yells out "Hey boy, whatcha got there?"

Boy yells back "Roll of chicken wire."

Old man says "What you gonna do with that?"

Boy says "Catch some chickens."

Old man yells "You damn fool, you can't catch chickens with chicken wire!"
Boy just laughs and keeps walking.

That evening at sunset the boy comes walking by and to the old man's
surprise he is dragging behind him the chicken wire with about 30 chickens
caught in it.

Same time next morning the old man is out watching the sun rise and he sees
the boy walk by carrying something kind of round in his hand. Old man yells
out "Hey boy, whatcha got there?"

Boy yells back "Roll of duck tape."

Old man says "What you gonna do with that?"

Boy says back "Catch me some ducks."

Old man yells back, "You damn fool, you can't catch ducks with duck tape!"
Boy just laughs and keeps walking.

That night around sunset the boy walks by coming home and to the old man's
amazement he is trailing behind him the unrolled roll of duck tape with
about 35 ducks caught in it.

Same time next morning the old man sees the boy walking by carrying what
looks like a long reed with something fuzzy on the end. Old man says "Hey
boy, whatcha got there?"

Boy says "It's a pussy willow."

Old man says "Hold on, I'll get my hat."

Have a great weekend all….!

2 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Happy Birthday for tomorrow. My eldest granddaughter has hers tomorrow also - she will be 35. 56 is a good age especially looking at it from 78. Not long until your cruise - only a fortnight I hope you and your wife will have a wonderful time as I am sure you will. Thaks for your comments, I tried and tried again to get your video with no luck. Don't worry as I am sur it was lovely
my friend. Take care,
Cheers, Merle.

August 17, 2012 at 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thunderstorms kept coming and coming, so i missed your birthday! i am sorry, i know you never miss mine!

Hope it was the greatest, and you enjoyed your visit from your daughter, her husband, and your grand puppy!

{{{{{{{tons of hugs}}}}}}}}}

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

August 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home