553 – Fridays can’t come fast enough….
The weeks just drag on till Friday, then ZOOM… it’s Monday already. Well this weekend, I have a trick, I’m taking Monday off! (have some things to do)
My mother in law (MIL) just got out of the hospital yesterday, but she’s now in a nursing home for rehab. I honestly don’t think she’ll ever be well enough to go home, but my wife is in denial.
My wife and daughter picked out flowers for the wedding last night, so pretty much everything is on track. I wrote something up to say at the wedding, and as I wrote it, the finality that she was getting married hit me. Man, I’m getting old! *LOL*
Now for something funny:
Sam and Jill, a not-so-well-to-do couple, go to a very exclusive hotel to stay for the night. The manager immediately recognized their worth but could not ask them to leave, so he decided to act smart.
The next morning, when the couple came down to settle their dues, they were surprised to find a bill of $4000 waiting for them.
Sam was annoyed and said, "What is the meaning of this? We just spent a night in this hotel!"
The manager said, "You have to understand this is a very expensive hotel. We have golf courts, tennis courts, swimming pools, gyms, pubs and restaurants, all this is very expensive to maintain."
Sam protested,"But we didn't use any of these!"
The manager said, "If you didn't use the facilities, that's your problem."
Sam said, "In that case, you owe me $1000. You see, my wife here is a call girl who charges $5000 a night, so please settle your bill."
"Why should I pay?" the manager was taken aback, "I didn't sleep with your wife!"
Sam replied quickly, "If you didn't use her services - that's your problem!"
Have a nice weekend all!

3 Comments:
Yes, you are getting old. Bet you still remember swinging her on your shoulders so she could watch a parade or something like that? i still remember how i felt when my Dad used to do that to me...i felt on top of the world! So, now it's her turn to feel on top of the world with another man in her life, but she'll always save a sweet spot for you in her heart, as i've done with my Dad.
{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
Yours,
'lil o (michelle)
Hi Dave ~~ Glad your M-I-L is well enough to go to Rehab. Have you had your car fixed -twice in one day is two too many.
Glad you liked the Pilot joke and of course, use it.
Someone said it was the best I'd ever posted, someone else said it was politically incorrect, but laughed anyway.
Take care my friend, I am going well and my brother is home in Q'ld and Vicki went with him for a holiday.
Cheers, Merle.
Yes, it is good that she's getting out of the hospital, even though the outlook might not be exactly what she or anybody else had hoped.
Glad you're taking Monday off and that the wedding plans still are going well.
I might not be online much this week, or at least not reading blogs much, because we're on our 20th anniversary vacation.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home