Friday, September 28, 2012

562 – I know it’s been a while….

Sorry I haven’t been here in a while, but I’ve been SO busy in every part of my life it’s crazy.

The cruise was outstanding, every day was sunshine and blue skies, not a drop of rain the entire time. We spent a lot of time relaxing and trying to just get back to some kind of normality.

Our son has moved back in with us, with his girlfriend! (which is fine with us as she’s really a wonderful girl, and she’s VERY good for him!)

It’s kinda nice having them in the house… you don’t realize just how quiet a house is, until everyone’s gone then comes back! *chuckling*

Is it a sign we’re getting old,  when a bunch of our friends are leaving this weekend to go to Florida for the Winter!

I puppy-sat my Grand-Puppy last Friday, and we had a blast! I don’t know who wore who out more. *chuckling*

Well, on to something funny:

After 35 years of marriage, a husband and wife came for counseling . 

When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married.

On and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.

Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife  to stand,  he embraced and kissed her long and passionately as her husband watched - with a raised eyebrow.

The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze.

The therapist turned to the husband and said, "This is what your wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?"

"Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."

Have a wonderful weekend all…!

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ The house does get quiet when the young ones have left to start their own lives and families of their own. So I can understand your son and partner have moved in with you.
Thank you for your comments and thank you for your prayers my friend. I am staying positive. Glad you enjoyed the jokes and I like yours too.

Take great care dear friend,
Cheers, Merle.

September 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home