Friday, December 7, 2007

The Move is ON!

Well, this is the weekend that "Daddy's little girl" moves out. We move her bed tomorrow morning, and the rest of her stuff in the afternoon.

My brother is coming to help with the water bed, and my friend Dave to help with the bigger stuff (only 2 pieces) in the afternoon.

How's it going to feel with my daughter gone you ask? (or did you?)

Well.... I have a feeling she'll be around a lot. But if not, she's less than a mile away.

Welcome new reader Deb! I have to ask though... do I know you from another blog or someplace else? *S* Either way, please come back soon!

The Wordless Wednesday picture this week, was of me and my bud Mike when we visited New Orleans this past summer. We're hoping to hook up with them for another vacation this year (they're from Huntsville AL).

Oh, I had felt kinda down that I couldn't even LOOK at vacations because I had sent my passport in to be renewed the Saturday after Thanksgiving... and holy moly, it came in yesterday! How's that for fast service! Thirteen days, including shipping time. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect it back so soon. Now, on  to looking at vacations! WHOO HOO!

Well, so much to do and so little time... on to the news!

Mom not lovin' it when daughter comes home with free Happy Meal coupon attached to her report card for good McGrades

Ten unexpected uses for beer!

Middle school inadvertently names their school after beer, and they used the beer’s logo as their mascot. Hooray beer

The winner of the ugliest house in America is in Florida... was there a doubt? (with pic)

That's it for today...have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough when they leave...i have been thru it twice. Even worse is when they move states away. My little boy lives in Kansas, got married and they are having a baby, and I havent seen him since all this happened. *sigh* Life is interesting. Hang in there Dave...Your Friend, Joanne

December 7, 2007 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I already hate coming home when Ben's not home. Our kids become part of us and to have that suddenly yanked away, no matter what age, is tough.

Mike is from Huntsville? I flew into Huntsville for my last work trip, and stayed not 45 minutes from there all week. I could have TP'd his house for you.

December 7, 2007 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yep, Mike's from Huntspatch....
If you were there, I can't believe you didn't sneak in time to go to the Air and Space Museum!!!!

December 7, 2007 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Enjoy your weekend bud, move and all, and I'll see ya Monday.

December 7, 2007 at 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Joanne and Mark said, it is always tough when they leave. But it can lead to another level of bonding.

My daughter once called with "Mom, my toilet is stopped up. I bought one of those toilet things but how do I use it?" Try explaining that on the telephone!

Reba

December 7, 2007 at 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i assumed you'd be taking it hard when your daughter left...and i'm sorry for your pain, but at some point they DO fly from the nest. You've done so much for her that at least you need not worry. She's a great kid!

Uses for beer? Wow, i was amazed how many of those i'd used!

Unfortunately, i've also "owned" one of those ugly houses. That one was so dirty that two different nests of scorpions lived in it...which is unheard of since they always "war" and only one makes it...but, there was so much in there for them to eat that they could live side-by-side in that house!

Yuck!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

December 7, 2007 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

*sniffle* She's never going to move out of your heart though. *HUGS* I hope the move goes well!

December 7, 2007 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

As with all changes Dave, it will eventually feel normal to not have your daughter at home.

December 8, 2007 at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home