BUSY Weekend, and Bad Weather
Wow it's been a busy weekend!
Friday night, my friend Dave called and asked if I wanted to go out to get some dinner (and we did), then came back to my house to watch something I had on my DVR that we both wanted to see.
Saturday, my daughter and I went out for breakfast, then to Home Depot for a few things, then came home. My wife and her went up to her condo to do some painting, and I did some work around the house. At around 4pm, we started making our munchies for the Holiday Party we were going to for our wine club. I'll have to post the recipe some time soon, as it's a real good one.
The party was really nice, but unusually subdued for some reason. We saw some friends we don't see too often, and got to catch up while drinking some great wine and munchin on some great food.
Me, I brought a bottle of my newest find, a 2000 Bordeaux Superiour Reserve called Chateau de la Vergnee. For under $13 a bottle, it was an instant hit and the bottle didn't last very long. (some bottles didn't fare as well as they were still half full when we left)
We got home around 11pm, and we were both exhausted from the long day (not to mention the great wine and food).
Sunday, Sarah and I went to see my mom as we always do, then home to get ready for a graduation party at my friend Ray's house (all 4 of us went). We didn't realize it, but it was an elaborate luncheon with great food. We got home around 5pm, and just kinda vegetated as it'd been a busy weekend for us all.
Well, that was my weekend, how was yours?
Oh, the weather.... on the way home from Rays tonight, it had snowed a bit, then it changed to freezing rain, so everything's kinda slippery. Luckily, Ray only lives about 1/8 of a mile away.
And Peter, on the old blog, I had a VERY long post, and nobody commented (hence my note on long posts! *LOL*)
On to the news:
The University of Hawaii offers a course in Homebrewing. Dave seen checking airfare to Hawaii.
That's it for today.. have a great Monday!

3 Comments:
Yes, i've noticed that the weather up there is going to be anything but pleasant!
Take care, Dave...don't want anything to happen to you!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Sounds like an almost perfect weekend.
No freezing rain here, yet. But, on my way into work this morning, a sprinkler made icicles on the bushes and low tree branches it hit.
You seem to be holding up well after such a terrible weekend. *S*
Good on ya!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home