Monday, January 28, 2008

Where Have They All Gone....

Where have all my readers gone? I only had one comment from Friday, and at that, nobody noticed the nice sunrise picture I took.

Well, it's been a good weekend except for the fact that I lost something of mine in the house here, and it's driving me nuts that I can't find it. That ever happen to you?

Saturday afternoon, my friend Ray came over to watch UCONN play the #7 Indiana Hoosiers at Indiana, and come away with an incredible win! That's two wins in a row, both against top 20 teams. They should get into the top 25 this week.

My son and I stopped over and picked up my daughter this morning on the way to go see my mom, and I checked out my daughter's newly decorated bathroom that's SO cute now, I can't believe it. She's really made this condo hers, and I'm so proud of how she's done it. Everything looks great, very "her", and nicely done.

My cable company sent me an email a few days ago, saying they've set up a new online service, where you can watch many full TV episodes, right on your PC. Not only many new shows, but many old ones too! The shows go from 24, to Prison Break, to Doogie Howser, to Numb3rs, to McGuyver, to WKRP in Cincinatti (one of my personal favorites!).

I got such a kick, watching the very first episode of WKRP, where they hire Andy Travis, and he turns it into a Rock & Roll station, and Johnny Caravella (Howard Hessman) turns into Dr. Johnny Fever! *LOL*  All in all, they have 151 shows to pick from, and many episodes (Mark, you'll like to hear they also have all of FireFly on there too).

Enough of that... on to the news:

Soldier deployed to Afghanistan rents ice so he can play hockey with his 4-year-old for first time the day before he goes. When his unit is sent early, the arena cancels all other rentals so the two can have the ice to themselves

NSC announces that a huge spy satellite has lost power and propulsion, there's no way to stop it, and they have no idea where it will smash into on Earth. Have a nice day

Incredible Hi Res 3D Motion Photo Panoramas

That's it for now... enjoy your Monday!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That thing you are looking for... it's either behind the sofa, or it'll be under the spy satellite when it hits... probably behind your sofa...

January 28, 2008 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

WKRP was one of the BEST shows. More side-splitting laughter than just about any other comedy.

You may never find what you lost, but by not naming it, you certainly have me questioning whether I would want to help look!

January 28, 2008 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I have season 1 of WKRP and it's so fun to watch; it is one of the best shows. That sounds cool about the shows to your PC. I think I'll stick with the DVDs - my bed and recliner are more comfy than my computer chair ;-)

It sounds like you had a busy and good weekend. I'm glad your daughter has made her home "hers" because that's how it should be :-)

The photo in Friday's post is gorgeous! Sorry I wasn't by - I stayed in bed most of the day.

*HUGS*

January 28, 2008 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

You'll always get lurkers Dave, not everyone comments.

January 29, 2008 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I know Peter... though sometimes I just wonder if I type and nobody reads.

ps, I love your recent posts about Oz!

January 29, 2008 at 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, we've all lost something we can't find, and usually it's right where we "thought" we'd looked!

Words that make me shiver: "most likely will fall"....

i loved WKRP...especially the one with the "flying turkeys!"

Yours,

michelle ((((((((hugs))))))

January 30, 2008 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved WKRP!

I guess I am one of your lurkers. I have read each and every post but rarely do I have a noteworthy comment to add.

~smile~
Reba

February 4, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home