Friday, March 14, 2008

53 Friday Night @ The Casino

Well, one thing you'll notice is I've started numbering the posts again (as I used to do in my former blogs), and next is that Friday night, my wife, mother, mother in law and I will be going to the Mohegan Sun Casino. It's a bus trip from the union where I work, and it should be a great time.

It's been a busy week, and I"m looking forward to a fun weekend. The bad news is, my UCONN Husky Men lost in their first game in the Big East Tournament. They have one more shot when they play in the NCAA Tournament beginning next Thursday.

Speaking of next Thursday, I have a doctors appointment with an Orthopaedic Surgeon to look at my left shoulder, as I've had problems with it for months. After looking online at the symptoms, it appears like I may have to have rotator cuff surgery. Not good.

In surfing the web this week, I saw this INCREDIBLE video of a 17 month old who can read! Watch the video till the end and you'll be amazed.

If anyone out there that reads this is using Microsoft Vista, you have to check out this web site! It's amazing and chock filled with information, hints, tips and how-to's.

I hope everyone noticed I posted a link at left to Merle's Third Try. She's a wonderful lady from Down Under (Australia), and I hope you check out her site.

And now, a funny for you all:

A woman and a baby were in the doctor’s examining room, waiting for the doctor to come in.

The doctor arrived, examined the baby, checked his weight and found it somewhat below normal. The doctor asked if the baby was breast fed or bottle fed.

“Breast fed,” the woman replied.

“Well, strip down to your waist,” the doctor asked. She did. He pressed, kneaded, rolled, cupped, and pinched both breasts in a detailed, rigorously thorough examination.

Motioning for her to get dressed he said, “No wonder this baby is under weight! You don’t have any milk.”

“I know,” she said, “I’m his grandmother, but I’m glad I came.”

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hilarious joke!

Thanks for the Vista link. Sorry to hear about the Huskies. My hogs play Friday at 2:15 CDT to see if they advance in the SEC tourney (first-round bye). They are kind of playing not to lose an NCAA bid. We aren't a certainty yet.

March 14, 2008 at 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i certainly hope you do not need rotator cuff surgery, Dave!

Meanwhile, have yourself a great time at the Casino!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

March 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Sorry you have to see a surgeon for possible surgery on your shoulder.
Thanks for your link and kind words about my blog. I loved the joke you posted -so
funny. I will check out your link as I have Vista.I am so glad you liked the story of the boy and his dog. Kids are
amazing. I have been numbering my posts for ages. I had about 255 on my first blog, then i started numbering.
Take care, my friend, Regards, Merle.

March 15, 2008 at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home