Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday + Weekend @ Last

Friday at last. It's been a long week.

It's nice to see Trucker Bob back online! He's been a bit under the weather, but he's climbing back into the saddle again. (by the way Bob, those were called Farmer Jeans, not "bibbers" *LOL*)

On the other hand, I haven't seen Karen here in ages! *hurumph!*

I'm glad everyone liked the old pictures, I'll do some more in the near future. Let me tell you how I came to even have the pictures in front of me.

I had gotten all these great tools for Christmas, and wanted to really fix up a nice place to use them in my basement. When we bought the house, there were 2, about 10 foot long, gorgeous work benches covered in a pebble type black top (I hesitate to say formica, as it's much nicer). One of them is in my office with all kinds of things on it from Corvette cleaners and information, to computer stuff.

The other, sat just outside my office, piled high with boxes from when we moved in. The wall behind it (outside of my office) is covered with 1/2 inch particle board (perfect for tools). So, in the last few weeks, I've been cleaning stuff off of the workbench, and came upon a huge box of photographs. My wife and I got a good laugh out of some of them, and some of them brought back so many memories, I just had to share them with you. Well, there's a LOT more pictures to look at, and I'll be sure to post some more.

Eventually, I want to use that bench to do some minor wood working. I've already started hanging some tools on the particle board behind it, and things are coming along slowly.

I'm hoping to have a nice relaxing weekend.. there's a local computer show on Saturday that I hope to go to, and to watch a few good basketball games.

Well, that's enough for now..  I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

My basketball Razorbacks are self-destructing at the end of the season. It's just horrible to watch.

So, go Huskies!

February 29, 2008 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Darn Mark... you must have posted right after I posted this! *LOL*

February 29, 2008 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I hope you are having a good weekend and get to Computer Show
It sure is great that Trucker Bob is back with us. Thanks for your comments, glad you found the jokes so funny. As for that sentence ~ "The wife felt romantic and wanted to talk" Remember they were an OLDER couple. Take care, Regards, Merle.

February 29, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Actually, in my world they're called "bohunkers". But that's another story. *S*

February 29, 2008 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO rough week eh?
Is this your first 5 day work week of 2008?

February 29, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home