Friday, March 21, 2008

56 - Post Doctor Report

Well, this will be a short post, but the good news is I don't have a rotator cuff injury. What I do have is AC Arthrosis, while it's not as serious as the cuff injury, it's not completely without it's problems.

The doctor, upon examining me for a few minutes, had me get some x-rays (they have an x-ray room no more than 20 feet away), and he was able to see the pictures immediately. One of them, a picture of me from the chest up capturing both my shoulders, shows it very clearly (enough so that both my wife and I could see the difference plainly). I'm going to try to get ahold of that picture (the doctor I went to see was at where I work, the UCONN Health Center). The doctor said that x-ray was so good, that he's going to use it in training and presentations!
I also have quite a good size bone spur there.

So.. they set me up with some physical therapy that I start on April 1st, and if it gets worse he can give me a shot that would help.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter Weekend....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that i did not get a chance to visit here on Friday...i am sorry, but i am thrilled that that's all you have...and i am so glad that it can be so easily seen!

Congratulations, my friend!!!!!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

'lil o (michelle)

March 23, 2008 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm sorry about the arthritis! *HUGS* I'm glad you're starting physical therapy and I hope it helps and that the progression of the disease will slow. I know how painful arthritis is. It's good it wasn't the rotator cuff injury.

*HUGS*

March 25, 2008 at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home