54 March Madness... My Time of Year!
Yep, they picked the top 65 College Basketball teams in the country, and they start playing on Thursday (ok, there's a play-in game for the 65th team on Wednesday, but the real games start Thursday).
UCONN, my team, is a #4 seed, due to play the University of San Diego on Friday. Luckily, I have Friday off of work, and I'm sure a bunch of us will head down to the local sports bar and have some wings, beer and watch some hoops! I can't wait. It's my favorite sport and the best time of the year.
Friday night, we went to the casino, and met two friends of ours there (Gary and Debbie) and had a great dinner at "Big Bubba's Barbeque" there. After that, the girls went window shopping, and Gary and I went to play cards. We played, and talked, and had a great time. As we bid farewell for the night and headed back to our bus, I was up about $50. Not too bad for an evening of fun!
The rest of the weekend was spent just doing stuff around the house, visiting Mom.. the usual things.
That's it for today.... but oh... I almost forgot:
Happy St. Patricks Day!

3 Comments:
Mmm... barbecue. Yum.
Go Huskies! I watched the Razorbacks lose the SEC championship game. That stinks, but we're still in the Big Dance (in a scary 9th seed position). College basketball is my favorite, too.
This is a great time of year, and NCAA's March Madness goes along great with everything else.
Hi Dave ~~ Thank you so much for your message and I am glad you enjoyed the jokes. I just read your comment on Peter's blog and I loved the quote ~~
All gave some, Some gave all.
A song , by Billy Ray Cyrus as I guess you know. Take care, Best Wishes, Merle.
Congratulations on being UP at the casino!
Sorry, i missed Monday, i'm making up for it now, but i am heavily involved in something lately that's taking up a LOT of my time. Bear with me, Dave!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home