Monday, March 24, 2008

57 - March Madness, I Love It!

Well, I'm hoping that my comments weren't working for Friday.. as I was pretty surprised to see nothing there tonight. (if you didn't see how my doctors appointment went, scroll down to post #56)

It's Sunday night as I write this, and while the UCONN men were knocked out in the first round (their point guard tore an ACL 9 minutes in), the UCONN Women are on right now, and ahead of Cornell by 41 with 10 minutes to go.

Friday, I had a bit of a "basketball party" at my house with my brother, my friends Ray and Dave and my wife and I to watch some basketball. I had plenty of munchies and beer and we all had a great time. Then our team lost.
Well... we still love basketball, so we keep watching.

Easter was nice, we had 10 people here, 2 hams, lots of great sides and a great time. Everyone had a great time, and went home stuffed and with some leftovers.
Our whole family loves ham, so we always make extra.

With that, I'm going to sign off as I'm pretty beat tonight, and need some rest.
Before I do, let me leave you with a small joke:

The CIA had an opening for an assassin. After all of the background checks, interviews, and testing were done there were three finalists — two men and one woman. For the final test, the CIA agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.

“We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room you will find your wife sitting in a chair. You have to kill her.” The first man said.“You can’t be serious. I could never shoot my wife,”

The agent replies, “Then you’re not the right man for this job."

The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the agent came out with tears in his eyes. “I tried, but I can’t kill my wife.” The agent replies, “You don’t have what it takes. Take your wife and go home.”

Finally, it was the woman’s turn. Only she was told to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one shot after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman. She wiped the sweat from her brow and said, “You guys didn’t tell me the gun was loaded with blanks. So I had to beat him to death with the chair.”

Have a great week...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Easter, and made so much ham. i splurged and bought a ham for myself...Trouble is, there's a LOT of ham there for one!

Glad you had a nice weekend, Dave!

Yours,

'lil o (michelle)

March 23, 2008 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hilarious joke!

I haven't been over here because of our own Easter weekend.

We watched a bit of basketball ourselves. Got our hopes up after the Razorbacks made a good showing against Indiana -- only to have them dashed as on the drive home today we listed to North Carolina pick us apart like an NBA team.

March 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger bubbanem said...

Yep, the meeting of our teams in the tourney ain't gonna happen. Wait til next year!

re: the shoulder. If you can't get the proper care there, I have some new power tools and a willingness to make things happen.

[g]

March 24, 2008 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

My brother is pleased that West Virginia beat Duke.

I've been really sick and haven't been online much. I'm glad you had a great Easter weekend.

Now I'm going to check your doctor report.

*HUGS*

March 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home